Chapter 24: Save Me

(Alternate POV)

Jack's POV

             My eyes were glued to the the darkness that lied ahead. He was here. I heard him running away. Michael.

            I finally listened to Lisa after drowning out her words. I turned to her and asked, "Where's your father?"

             She answered, "He's in Italy. What's wrong?"

             "Spar was here! I had a dream he-"

              "Jack, I know. I know. I saw him. I didn't realize what was happening until I heard you talking and sweating in your sleep. Jack, are you okay?"

               I shuttered when she asked that. I glaced at her, skeptically. After a moment, I walked back to my bed, lying down. Lisa sighed. "Jack, I don't blame you if you decided to leave town tonight."

              I didn't want to leave just yet. I needed to take care of something before I left. Something important. I still said nothing to Lisa. She scoffed, "Jack, please say something."

            "Save me..." I uttered. She sat next to me in bed. My back was still turned to her. She took my hand, lacing her fingers into them. I said, "Lisa, I told you. Not anymore. I love Diana."

           She scoffed again. She replied, "I love Rose. And having sex with you doesn't change a thing. How I feel... Jack, you're one of my best friends."

            I turned to her and asked, "What reason do I have to stay?"

           She quickly swung her legs over me. I wedged myself comfortably so she was op top of me. I didn't make her get off. I gave in. I'm weak. She leaned in closer to slam her lips against mine. I felt all the feelings of pain and aguish Spar fade away slowly. She whispered, "A teenager was just raped."  She pushed me down and added, "Go be her guiding light."

            She got off of me, walking out of her room. I chuckled softly. "Saltine women," I uttered.

             Lisa shouted, "I heard that, you, jackass!"

            "I'm sure you did!" I joked.

           She stepped inside my room. She said, "In all seriousness, you're the hottest guy in town. Then there's Archer and Jeff, but you're at the top of the list."

            I remembered what Spar had told me. "A  perversion is two women falling in love with each other. A perversion is when my son sleeps with my ex-wife," I sighed heavily.

            I asked Lisa, "Are you falling in love with me?"

            Lisa answered, "Go to hell, Jack." She scoffed, walking out of the room, only to be stopped by me.

              I told her, "Look at me. You just told me that I was hot. You want to sex with me, don't you? Even though you know that it's wrong deep down inside."

             She ran her fingers down my washboard abs. "I don't that it's wrong. You're not biologically mine, so it's not incest. I never loved Spar, Jack. I only loved Rose. I've waited five hundred years for her, only to have her slip through my fingers.

             "And now.What we have is a friends with benefits thing. But Rosalie Heisenberg. She is the one. Just like Diana Lawless was the one for you," she admitted. "And hey, whatever is 'wrong' always feels right to me."

           She squatted, unzipping my pants. I told her once more, "No." She slowly stood up. I smile. I said, "I don't receive oral sex from girls... I give it." I swooped her off of her feet, carrying her back to my bed.

(Mercedes POV)

              "Excuse me, ma'am. Family members only," I noticed that Ariana was already inside with Lily.

              Me and the man's eyes met. I replied, "That's my wife. And my sister-in-law."

              He gasped saying, "Oh my god! You're Mercedes Howard! Of course. Come in..."

            He opened the door for me. I walked inside. I was sure that Ariana heard me, but she said nothing. Her eyes were glued to a resting Lily. I stood behind Ariana, heartbroken. Lily had said nothing for two weeks. She was sleeping whenever we visited. When she opened her eyes, she said nothing. Her pale blue eyes pierced us.

            Ariana turned to me and told me, "l think we're the Bourbon Triumvirate... Of lesbians." She turned to me, brushing her lips against mine. She wrapped her arms around me. She pulled away saying, "I'm still kind of new to immortality. Forever. With you. That's all I ever wanted."

               My eyes fell on Lily. She's waking up. I can tell that it felt as if her eyes were glued shut, considering that she had two black eyes.

               I hope she says something today. Her eyes were wide open. She glanced at us, silent. I noticed that Ariana held her hand. She inhaled deeply. "I know you didn't know about, but I've known about you for quite sometime. When I met you for the first time, I was blown away by how much you looked like me. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. I was blown away by someone who looked at acted just like I did when I was younger."

             That didn't work either. Lily was still silent. Ariana muttered under her breath. I wanted to try this time. I told Lily, "Lily, whether or not you want to accept it, you're family. Ariana is your sister. Archer is your cousin, and I am your-"

              "Brenda..." She whispered. Brenda stood at the door, her eyes glued to Lily. She completely ignored Ariana and I.

               Brenda rushed over to her as we stepped out of her way. Ariana and I both walked away to the door. No questions asked. We left.

              Almost immediately, I was greeted by Rosalie. Ariana shot her a mean glare while I stared at her uncomfortably.

             I turned to Ariana asking, "Can you give us a minute?"

            Ariana gently kissed my check answering, "Sure."

            She glanced back at Rose and I, walking away. Rose said, "Mercedes, I am so sorry for everything."

             I told her, "I was never mad at you, Rose. I just hate that you're so beautiful, but you're so miserable."

              Rose nodded her head and asked, "How is she?" She glanced at the door, watching Brenda and Lily talking.

             I  also stared. I saw that Lily was not so happy even though Brenda was there. I pulled Rosalie to the side and whispered, "Listen"