~THIRTY-EIGHT~

THIRTY-EIGHT: Is She Hot?

Words: 994 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: hows everyone doin on this fine day or night or noon?
***

"Stan!" They began to call out frantically. "Stanley!"

They proceeded to travel down the tunnels, which Ali had just realized were openings to sewer tunnels. Sewage water or as Eddie called it 'greywater', flowed throughout the canal. The place reeked and it took almost all her strength to stop from dry-heaving.

The smell didn't matter now anyway. The losers were too worried about Stan to mind it. They splashed through the water, frantically swinging their flashlights around, searching for Stan Uris.

"Stanley!" They all screamed out. "Stan?! Where are you?!"

Their voices echoed in the sewer as if mocking them.

"Stan!"

The losers continued to lurk deeper and deeper into the sewer tunnels. Nobody dared separate from each other though.

They suddenly heard a cry for help ring out. The cry's voice echoed and bounced off the walls of the tunnels.

The losers exchanged a look and in a second they all took off running toward the voice.

"Stanley! Stan!" They called out.

They ran into another opening. There were different tunnel openings in that one opening and Ali shuddered. It was so easy to get lost in this place. So easy.

The losers spread out but stayed in view of each other.

"Stan-" Richie stopped. He froze. His eyes were fixated on something in front of him. "Holy fuck."

"What is it, Rich?" Ali walked over to him.

She faced where he was looking at.

The flashlight in her hand dropped to the ground and she uttered a small scream.

The other gathered around the pair of them and all gasped.

In front of them, was Stan. He was on the ground. Lying on top of him was this...lady. She looked inhumane and almost animated. Like a lady from a painting of some sort. The lady was eating Stan's face. There was no other way of describing such a horrendous sight.

The lady had her huge sharp-teeth filled mouth biting and feeding on Stan's whole face.

The losers' hearts thudded against their chests. Was Stanley still alive at this point?

Richie remembered the joke he made back at that park when Stan had told them about the lady in the painting.

Was she hot?

"Not hot!" Richie gasped, shaking his head frantically. "Not hot at all!"

The lady turned to face them.

Blood was pouring down her cheek. Stanley's blood.

She grinned at them, showcasing her sharp shark-like teeth.

Miraculously, when she pulled away, Stanley popped up and was gasping, still very much alive but traumatized. There were giant bite marks by the side of his face.

The lady giggled a bit before she slithered away behind a wall. She then revealed herself again but she was no longer a she. It. It was it again. That clown. The clown revealed itself once more behind the wall before disappearing behind it again.

When it didn't come back again, the losers ran toward Stanley.

Stanley though, backed away from them, screaming.

"You left me!" Stanley shrieked. "You took me to Neibolt! You're not my friends!"

"Stan..."

"You're not my friends!" Stan repeated again and again, sobbing and screaming. "You're not my friends!"

Those words stung but nobody could blame him. They had left him. Because of them, he was in Neibolt. Maybe those were all true allegations. But they were his friends, they were.

"Stanley, you don't mean that." Ali said, her voice shaking a bit.

"We're sorry, Stan." Eddie and Richie apologized again and again. "We're sorry. We're so sorry."

Stanley was shaking his head frantically.

Mike, Ben and Ali watched as Eddie and Richie tried to get Stan to come down. Eddie eventually got Stan in a hug which calmed Stanley down a little bit but he was still shaking his head like he was glitching in a video game or something.

Ali was a little alarmed to see Richie and Eddie crying too. But not surprised. Not in the slightest.

Stan's words had affected them the most. They had been friends the longest.

Before the losers, it was Stanley, Eddie, Richie and Bill. It was them-

Wait a minute.

Ali looked around.

Where was Bill?

He wasn't with the group. Ali couldn't see him. He had gone away.

"Bill!" Ben suddenly called out. He had just noticed too. "Bill! Where are you?!"

This caught the others' attentions and instantly, they all stood up and looked around frantically.

Stan was still shaking but recovering. Mike and Richie helped him up by his shoulders and they all ran towards another tunnel opening, this time searching for Bill Denbrough.

Eddie and Ali stuck close together. They were at the back of the group as they all made their way deeper and deeper into the tunnels.

"Losers! Help me!"

Ali looked around.

The voice had belonged to Bill Denbrough.

Eddie seemed to have heard it too because he returned her look of surprise.

The others didn't seem to hear though because they continued on ahead, calling out for Bill.

"Guys!" Ali called out to them. "Did you hear that?!"

They didn't respond. Instead they continued to call out for Bill and Beverly.

Eddie and Ali paused a bit to look around.

Eddie suddenly dropped his inhaler and went to retrieve it. Ali watched as he dropped to his knees and frantically dove down to take back his inhaler, but before he could, something else happened.

The ground beneath them began to crumble.

"Woah!" Ali was dumbfounded and tripped on her own feet. She stumbled to the ground, landing beside Eddie.

Both tried to get up but the ground had completely opened up now and they fell through.

Both cried out a desperate plea to the others but before the other losers could react, the hole on the ground had taken Ali and Eddie.