18 - enemies with benefits

The rest of the night after Aleksi had ran off had been depressing, at least for me. Joel, Joonas and I joined the others again, they didn't even dare to ask what happened when they realized the younger dark haired one was gone and Joel's face and clothes were covered in blood.

Although Tommi, Olli and Niko still didn't have a glimpse of an idea what had been going on, they weren't stupid.

They sensed that something was wrong but they also understood that right now was not the right time to talk about it.

Joonas once again made it his job to get me distracted from all the shit that was happening and downright forced me to down one shot of bitter liquid after another with him, until my throat was burning to the point where I couldn't even get rid of the unpleasent feeling by coughing.

At around two in the morning we all decided to call it a night. All of us were pretty wasted and tired at this point.

Some of the boys had a few important business calls in the morning that they feared to sleep through, especially Olli who according to the others was always tired. Apparently it was a miracle when the talented bass player got up on time.

"Take care guys. Tonight was really fun." Tommi uttered and we all said good bye to each other. Niko, Tommi and Olli all went off down the road in the same direction while Joonas, Joel and I were desultorily standing infront of the bar.

"Guys..." I mumbled and had to grab Joonas' arm because I was swaying from side to side and was afraid of falling. Maybe I had a little too much to drink tonight but I wasn't the only one. Joonas started to tumble too, once he felt the weight of my body on his arm.

"I can't go back to Aleksi's place. I can't." It just came to my mind again now, that I was living with the black haired boy, which also meant I could not avoid him. Under no circumstances I could bring myself to face Aleksi now, or ever again for that matter. I wasn't ready to experience his hurt, his anger and the deep sadness that was tormenting him now that he had learned the truth.

"You can crash at my place, don't worry about it." Joonas immediately answered and formed his lips to a friendly smile.

"Thank you Joonas." I was glad I had found such a good friend in the man with the blonde fluffy hair. He was funny, he was kind, he was honest but most of all, unlike Joel, he simply cared.

"And I thought you wanted to get in bed with me, not him. How sad." Even when Joel was drunk his humor, if you could even call it that, stayed the same. The older one had formed his lips to a wide grin as he was watching how Joonas and I tried to coordinate our movements when we began walking along side of the road that was completly empty at this hour.

"Bro, don't get me wrong but I am not letting you convince her to sleep in your bed when she's that drunk." Joonas responded to Joel's ridiculous  claim and was pretending like I wasn't there, when I was in fact still holding onto his arm for safety reasons.

"Don't worry Joonas he is not convincing me of anything." I threw in while looking at Joel who still had that suggestive grin on his face. "At least that way Porko is finally taking a girl home with him again." The remains of his blood around his nose and mouth had nearly dried and that facial expression made him look like a serial killer that was almost a little too charming at times.

"Very funny Joel, very funny." Joonas had a hard time pulling himself together not to laugh about what Joel had said to him. He didn't take himself too seriously, that's what I loved about the chaotic guitar player.

It took our drunk asses a lot longer than we expected until we finally arrived and were welcomed by the pleasant warmth of Joonas' apartment once we stepped, or rather tumbled, inside. We downright threw our shoes across the hallway and all somehow made it to Joonas living room unharmed, a true miracle.