Chapter 41

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's school uniform^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

Today was the day. My first day of 9th-grade summer school. I was officially a normal kid for a few months. I was very nervous though. I looked like an 8-year-old, I was 13 years old and I'm going to 9th grade. If that doesn't scream 'let's bully her.' I don't know what does. The school I was going to was private so it had a uniform. The school was called Sculo de Notre Dame. It was a french and Italian school. The main language was English but taking french and Italian was mandatory. Lucky for me I knew both languages fluently so I didn't really have a problem. I got up to go take a nice warm shower and brush my teeth. I was about to get off the bed and then I knew... I messed up. I forgot that I had a broken arm and a crutch. I fell tumbling to the ground with a big thud. Luckily it was on my noninjured leg but it hurt so bad. I started crying. I bawled my eyes out. While I was crying I heard the sound of footsteps rushing up the stairs. The door quickly came crashing open and I saw Sylvester all dressed up in his daily work clothes looking at me. He saw me sprawled on the floor crying and tended to me immediately. He gently picked me up bridal style and placed me on a soft couch which was on the side of my room. He poured me a glass of water from the jug and glass disposed of at the bedside table. I reached for the glass but my hand was too shaky. Sylvester quickly realized that and brought the glass to my lips. I gently opened my mouth and gulped the water as he tipped the glass forward. He was rubbing my bag in gentle circles and soon my crying turned into short whimpers and then I was silent. I snuggled into Sylvester's chest. He kissed my temple.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He said in the most gentle voice. It was lighter than a feather. I sometimes wonder how Sylvester was a consigliere and still knew how to be gentle with me. Shocking.

"Umm yeah. So I-I-I wa-wa." My voice started trembling and stuttering badly.

"Shhhhh deep breaths. It's okay. Follow my heartbeat." Sylvester whispered in my ear. I took a deep breath in and exhaled with just as much force. After doing the same breathing pattern 5 times I felt better.

"Okay um so I was getting out of bed and I forgot my-my leg was broken and I had an arm injury so I tripped and fell badly to the floor," I say mumbling quietly.

"Oh. It's okay. You didn't hurt yourself badly, did you? It's okay..." he reassured me. After about 10 minutes of foot pain, I decided it would be a good time to start getting ready for summer school.

"I'll get ready now. Sorry to bother you, Sylvester." I sigh and grab my crutch to head to the bathroom.

"It's okay. Do you want me to send you a maid to help you or can you do it by yourself?" He asked. I thought about what he said for about 10 seconds before I answered.

"Umm no thank you. I think I can do it by myself. I'll call through the mobile line If I need help. Thank you." I said and headed to the bathroom. Sylvester left the room. I would be able to stand on one leg for that long without a crutch so I decided to take a bath instead of a shower. I turned the faucet on and turned it to hot. After about 2 minutes the tub was full. I looked on the bathroom shelves to check out the products available. I probably wouldn't have my s'more scented body wash and unicorn sparkle conditioner since it was a guest room but I'm not going to be picky. There was some rose bubble bath which I eagerly took and poured a few squirts in the tub. The water in the tub started filling with bubbles. I saw there was some coconut body scrub and lavender-scented body wash which I grabbed with my right hand and placed on the edge of the bathtub. I also took the pink loofah that was attracted by one of the hooks beside a fluffy white towel. I gently placed myself in the tub making sure my leg was positioned straight to avoid any pain. I first took the coconut scrub and scrubbed it behind my knees, in my armpits, my face, around my neck, behind my ears, and other parts of my body which would get sweaty. I then washed it out with the bubble bath-infused water. I then took somebody's wash and lathered it over the loofah. I then scrubbed the loofah on my body. I then washed myself off. The hot bath water calmed my preschool traumatic anxiety if that even is a thing. I got out of the bath and took the white fluffy towel and dried myself. The towel was super fluffy and just the feeling of it made me feel all fuzzy from the inside. I smiled while cuddling with the towel for about a minute or so. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into the closet. The closet was full of all kinds of clothes, from princess styles to edgy. I guess the maids splurged quite a lot on me not knowing my style. I just shook my head. I went to the area where my uniform was neatly ironed and put on a hanger. The uniform consisted of a short pleated skirt, a white shirt, a sweater, a blazer, knee-high socks, and a tie. Since it was the summer I just wore a white shirt and skirt with knee-high socks and leather shoes. I wore a tie as well. There was also a pin I had to wear on my shirt which had the school's emblem. I rolled up my sleeves and tied my hair in two dutch braids. I decided to wear some bling and wore some gold earrings and a pretty necklace. I also wore some ribbons on my hair and took a pair of sunglasses. Accessories never fail to revamp boring outfits. I sprayed some light perfume. It had a very light smell, it smelled like a mix of rose, lavender, and pinewood. It was indeed a lovely smile. The hint of pinewood reminded me of Emiliano. Every time I would hug him, his scent would be absolutely divine. I smile sadly remembering my ex-family. When I rolled up my sleeves I hadn't realized before but you would see my recent knife cars from yesterday. They looked tan on my skin. I was about to unroll my sleeves but I remembered the words once Valentino and Vincenzo had told me. "The marks on your body are nothing to be ashamed of. They are battle scars reminding you that you survived the world." Once again I sadly smiled at the memories. I decided I wouldn't let my insecurities annoy me. Today I would be confident. I was a mafia don for no. I will be a normal kid for the next few months. Nit a powerful don. I breathed in looking at myself. Looking at the new me. I took one final look and headed downstairs. I didn't feel like eating breakfast. As I headed down I saw my guard that Sylbvster hired for me.

"Hello miss. I am Josh, Consigliere sir hired me to take you to school. He couldn't drop you himself because he is busy with work. He sent you his best wishes." Josh says with a stoic face. I smile at the kind regards Sylvester sent me.

"Please call me Esme. Let's go to school Mr. Bodyguard. We don't want to be late." I say and skip to the door. Josh immediately follows. He opened the car door for me as I slid in. He handed me a bag and I gave him a confused look.

"Sir knew you wouldn't eat breakfast so he told me to get you a bagel and some chocolate milk." I looked inside the bag and whiffed the sensational smell. I smiled at him again.

"Thank you Mr. Bodyguard." I saw and he nodded and closed the door. We drove off to school which was only a short 10 minutes drive. Once I arrived Mr. Bodyguard opened the door for me. We exchanged farewells as I headed inside the castle-like structure. I almost think I'm at Hogwarts. How I wish someone would come up to my door and say "Esme, you're a wizard." I arrived at the door and opened it. I stepped in. The whole school was filled with a bunch of posh-looking people. I guess people take summer school here seriously. Since I was tiny I thought I wouldn't attract a lot of attention but boy was I wrong. As I was skipping to the sign that said Main Office I collided with a hard wall. I inwardly roll my eyes. How cliche this was. The hard wall or should I say chest grabbed me before I fell. His hands were rough and effortlessly wrapped around my tiny bicep. I looked up to see a very handsome gentleman with beautiful coldish-brown eyes. He looked at me as if I was some alien. Did I look that atrocious? Jeez, so much for a confident impression. He opened his mouth to say something.

"Who's f*cking child is this." He said loudly. I have to say his voice sounded abnormally cold.

"I'm not a child, umm kind gentlemen," I say in my cute voice, his head snaps to me and I just stare.

Author's note:

Hello Shadies. It's a chapter for real this time. No false alarm. I have a question for you guys. Where are y'all from? Please like, read, share, comment, vote, and follow. Bye beans!

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌