Chapter 23~ "God-fucking-damn"

Not edited- hola heres the update yall have been waiting for, sorry again for the gap im getting pretty bad at this whole thing so forgive me please.

Could we get this 1K more comments and 500 votes then it says above??

have a good readddd

Bella Hale

I run a hand through my hair as I lean back in my chair and stare at the ceiling of my office. I have to finish this presentation no matter what. They all told me that the reason they couldn't have finished it was that they were paid not to finish it. Someone from a rival company paid them all off.

Of course they're all fired and banned from any building owned by Hale Industries, Mason Black was the one who'd paid them much more than he could afford to so they'd not finish the project and send him copies of the research they'd done.

He wants to steal my project.

The sound of my phone ringing breaks through my thoughts and I fix my posture before picking up Kyla's call, "Ma'am, Mr. D'Angelo is on his way up to your office." she sighs and my eyes shut before I run a hand down my face. The night just keeps getting better and better.

"How did he get the key card to my floor?" I ask. To get to my floor you need special authorization which only Kyla and I have. I can't risk anyone else being up here without me knowing, all my important files, deal contracts, potential deals and even spare cash are all stored in different rooms on the floor. All locked by different pass codes.

"I gave him mine," she whispers and I almost roll my eyes. "I'm sorry, he was scarier than you." I sit up straight from her words as anger starts to stir. Only I am allowed to scare Kyla, and Ace is anything but goddamn scary.

"It's fine, I'll get you another key card by tomorrow morning. I doubt he is going to give this one back." I murmur the last part knowing how stubborn the man is, she hums as I hear clicking of a keyboard from her side. "You can leave now Kyla, it's almost one in the morning." I told her.

Reaching down and pulling my ankle out of my heel before rubbing at the sore spot, "but-" I cut her words off as I slip my foot back into the black stiletto. "Goodnight, Ms. Martin."

She lets out a small laugh before sending me a small thank you and I hang up, just on time, my door swings open.

I freeze when our eyes meet, he isn't in a suit like always. The only time I'd seen him in casual clothes was at the grocery store some time ago, and well, now.

I look down to my laptop, ignoring his presence as I hear the door of my office shut lightly. "You didn't take a bodyguard to work this morning," he says and I keep my eyes on the power point I am currently working on.

Ignoring him as he says something in Italian while closing the door, my fingers keep typing on my keyboard and he grabs the chair on the opposite side of my desk before settling himself down as if he plans to stay.