Top Dehradun News from Past One Week

Dehradun News comprises all the latest developments in politics, business, entertainment, sports, weather, health & fitness, lifestyle, travel, and food & drink

Dehradun News comprises all the latest developments in politics, business, entertainment, sports, weather, health & fitness, lifestyle, travel, and food & drink. In addition, it covers the latest local news from Dehradun and Uttarakhand.

Dehradun live is the most reliable digital news platform to get the latest news stories, headlines, articles, special reports, and updates for everything that matters to the people.

You must be keen on the latest happening in and around your city Dehradun and Uttarakhand. Let us know what has been buzzing in Dehradun and Uttarakhand for the last week. The following top news points made their way in the past week:

1. Uttar Pradesh approved on Interstate transport from Uttarakhand, will start operation in 2-3 days

Interstate bus operations for Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, and Haryana will start in the next two to three days. Uttar Pradesh had banned interstate bus operations in April due to Corona.

Interstate bus operations for Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, and Haryana will start in the next two to three days. Uttar Pradesh had banned the Interstate bus operation in April as the cases of Corona increased. Due to this, bus operations of Uttarakhand from other states, including Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, were stopped. To resume bus operations, Transport Minister Yashpal Arya met Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat on Thursday evening. The Chief Minister spoke to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in this regard over the telephone, which has been approved. The Transport Minister said that the Uttar Pradesh government would issue the order in the next two to three days.

Due to Corona, the financial condition of the Transport Corporation has become very bad as there were frequent stoppage of the operation of roadways buses for the last quarter and a half. At present, the interstate bus operation is completely closed. Only 150 buses are operating daily on the internal routes of the state. Of these, the number of passengers is less than 50 percent. Therefore, the corporation is not even able to recover the cost of diesel.

After the approval of Uttar Pradesh for inter-state bus operation from Uttarakhand, talks will be held with the transport officers regarding bus operation for Himachal and Chandigarh.

2. Government flipflop continuous, Chardham Yatra postponed till further orders

In the SOP, the government had decided to start the Chardham Yatra from July 1 despite the High Court's stay

The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday morning issued a revised SOP regarding the Chardham Yatra. The government has postponed the proposed Chardham Yatra from July 1 till further orders. In the SOP, the government had decided to start the Chardham Yatra from July 1 despite the High Court's stay. In contrast, the second phase of the journey was scheduled to be held from July 11.

This is one more flipflop from the government, which has changed its guidelines many times before too at the last minute during Corona curfew." Why can't the government decide at once what will be open and what will not be" said Deepak Rawat, a resident of Rishikesh and who was finally happy to hear earlier that government is opening up the Cham Dham Yatra from July 1 in a phased manner.