10-𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐥

Start from the beginning

After a while, Uma finally stops crying. Umi doesn't leave her side, gripping onto her little hands repeatedly saying 'sorry'. As traumatic and overwhelming as this situation has been, you admire how they're maturing. Uma holds onto Umi's hand tight, scared while trying to endure the icy hot pain on her face. "Y/n can you grab me the first aid kit from the bathroom please?" Yuki asks, propping Uma on the counter. Not answering you rush upstairs. When you come downstairs Yuki and your mom look gray. The chilling aura haunts you so much makes you scared to question why they were looking at Uma a certain way. "Mom? Yuki? Wha-" Cutting you off Yuki speaks, holding Uma's chin "Y/n... look at her face..." You speed walk over to Uma, who looks just as scared and confused. You stare at her face, trying to see what you're supposed to be looking for when it suddenly clicks in your head. Uma's face is back to normal as if nothing ever happened. Stunned you say aloud, "Holy shit...sh-she has my quirk!" Now ecstatic Uma yelps, "I have a quirk?!" Not grasping the situation Yuki stutters, "W- wait what do you mean she has your quirk?!" "I have healing abilities." "Wait, but how?! I didn't even clean her face where's the blo-?" " I can only use my blood to heal my wounds. Looking at her face she definitely did that, it's as if nothing happened!" Yuki releases cheers of excitement mixed with nervousness embracing Uma tight. Umi smiles relieved that Uma is okay. At this moment, you take into consideration your mom has yet to react or say a word.

Later that night Yuki puts the kids to bed and the three of you are cleaning up the torn-up wrapping paper and boxes. Yuki smiles to herself as she stuffs the paper in a trash bag. "What are you thinking about Yuki?" You ask, already knowing. "My babies really aren't babies anymore huh?" You playfully roll your eyes, "Cut the sappy shit!" "Y/n you don't understand! I was just changing her diapers and now she has a whole quirk, the same one as yours at that!" You smile at the thought of how Uma really is your 'Mini me'. She looks and acts exactly like you and to top it off she has your quirk. "If you're not too busy do you think you can train her some days?" Trying not to blush you answer excitedly, "Of cour-" "Absolutely not!" Your mom shouts, cutting you off. Her tone was so crisp and stern it startled you and Yuki to the point you get chills. Yuki starts to speak but your mom does before her. "It's already bad enough Uma has the same quirk as Y/n! Training her would just set her up for failure!" You harshly ask, "How would I be setting her up for failure...?" Your mom scoffs, "You bring nothing but trouble. You and that power are a curse!" "A curse?" She continues, "The worst day of my life was when you got that quirk. Ever since people have been criminalizing us and looked at us differently. Now we have to deal with the government and this whole trial!" Seeing tunnel vision, you become defensive and let your words flow out. "We?! I'm the only one that has to deal with this shit, not you! From day one you've never at least once tried to be supportive or defend me, you act as if I asked for it!"

Yuki tries to calm you down but you continue, "I have to deal with being painted as a villain every day from people I try to save!" Snapping back, your mom shouts, "And what do you think that'll mean for Uma or even Umi if he gets the same quirk?!" "I'm dealing with this trial and going through all this shit so they don't have to!" Yuki chimes in, "Let's deal with this in the morning okay? It's late, the kids are asleep and-" Your mom interrupts nonchalantly and speaks out, "I'm guessing no one, not even your teachers told you what they plan to do?" You narrow your eyes at her, confused as to what she's talking about. "Tell me what?..." Yuki just as confused looks at your mom as well, with nervous pleading eyes. You repeat yourself, "Tell me what?!" Coldly your mom speaks, "If you lose the case, your quirk, you and everyone else who has any kind of blood manipulation quirk for that matter, will be classified as a villain, maybe even worse than that. Meaning they will go by any means necessary to control it. And because yours is so complex, it would take years to control it and learn all of your abilities. So they decided they will erase it as a whole, kind of like that boy that went to your school-" Erase my quirk like Mirio? Your mind races, not knowing what to say. It feels as if you're having a million thoughts at once. Lightly you finally speak, "You said that to say what?" "Because of you! Wanting to become a hero, you put yourself in the spotlight causing all of this! Not only put you at risk but Uma as well and soon to be Umi and every other person with a quirk remotely similar to yours!"