I smirk at the fact that I'm ahead of Chase.

Most guys underestimate woman's abilities in games like this but I've always enjoyed playing pool.

"I got to say, I'm impressed. Most girls don't even know how to hit the ball."

I straightened myself up and tilted my head, holding the stick with my left hand. "Well, that's a bit sexist, isn't it?"

He laughs and bends himself down to hit the ball- which he misses again. "I didn't mean it that way but it's true, most girls hate having to watch pool."

He hits another ball again this time shooting it right. I chuckle and walk over to his side hitting another ball shooting the ball making it.

"Good thing I am not like most girls then." I successfully make it again.

In the corner of my eye I could feel Chase's gaze following my every move as I stand up straight.

"That's what makes you so special." I hear him suddenly say, what does he mean by that?

I turn to look at him but as soon as I did he looked away, almost like he...regretted what he just said.

He takes a few steps closer to me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

He's too close- way too close- but before I can move away from him, he grabs a hold of my jaw gently, making my head lift to meet his eyes, but I refuse to. I look everywhere except his eyes.

"Look at me," he says lowly, but I don't. " Nina..." he warned again but I refuse to. "Look at me," He says again through clenched teeth.

I meet his hazel eyes even though I can't quite read them.

His eyes softened as soon as he noticed how nervous I was, his grip left my jaw and was placed on my cheek, he slowly caresses my cheek with his thumb.

"You're gorgeous," he muttered.

Does he mean that?

He's probably saying that because he can sense how I get around him.

Fuck! I need to stay away from him from now on.

His thumb went from my cheek to my bottom lip slowly. I flickered my green eyes up to meet his, but they are focused on my lips. His thumb slowly caressed my lips as he licks his, his actions right now are making my knees feel weak.

Just kiss me.

He looks up from my lips and we make eye contact, it's like he's looking right through my soul which is kind of terrifying. Chase throws the stick onto the floor and with his now free hand, he slowly cupped my face, leaning in and I close my eyes for whatever is about to happen next.

Kiss me.

He suddenly stops, making me flicker my eyes open seeing him so close yet so far, the only thing now is the sound of our-my heavy breathing. He leans in more and just as our lips are about to touch, the basement door opens

"Nina?"

I jump in surprise.

Dom.

"You in here?"

I look over at Chase who's jaw is clenching.

Well, that was unexpected.

I can't believe I almost kissed Chase. Ugh! What the actual fuck is wrong with me?