Chapter 5-The story of it all

"Kreacher!" Harry called as they walked into the Gryffindor common room.  A small "POP" signalled the arrival of the small elf as they took their seats around the already blazing fire.

"AHHH!!" James shouted as he saw the elf. "Whats that thing doing here? I thought Sirius would have gotten rid of it by now!!"

Kreacher ignored James insult and bowed low in front of Harry, "Is there anything Kreacher can do for you Master?"

"Yes Kreacher thank you. I would like you to bring up some snacks for us."

"Yes Master Kreacher will bring up food. Is there anything else?"

"No that's all, you may leave now." And with a "POP" he was gone.

"Now," Mrs. Weasley started, "Would you three like to explain to us what exactly you have been doing for the past 10 months?"

Harry looked at his two best friends and nodded. They understood that they tell Molly about the general events of the year and not the life threatening stuff that she would fuss over.

"Well Mom, I don't know where to start. It was quite an adventure really." Ron started.

"Mrs. Weasley, are you sure you want to hear all of this? Its a really long story and I don't want to worry you." asked Hermione.

"Yes I'm sure I want to! My kids have been running around all year during a war, I deserve to know what happened!" She insisted.

"Alright," Harry said looking at the faces around the room. He saw his parents, his two best friends, Molly, Arthur, Bill, Fleur, Charlie, George, and Ginny. "so this year was pretty exhausting, but before I start can you all promise me that you will hold your major reactions till the end?"

Everyone murmured in agreement around the room. 

"Ok, so after we-"

"Why is it so bloody cold in here?!" Ron interrupted.

"Really Ronald?" Hermione asked him.

"What?" he said.

"In case you hadn't noticed, the wall over there is missing," Ginny piped up from beside Harry.

"Oh," he replied sheepishly. Lily picked up her wand and said a couple of muttered spells. Pieces flew up from the grounds and around the room back into place.

"So if everyone is done interrupting me, I'd like to continue." He paused waiting for an interruption and when there wasn't one he continued.

"Alright, so after we left the wedding in July we apparated to Tottenham Court Road and saw some death eaters. Don't worry." he added after seeing Molly's face. "We modified their memories and went to Grimmuald place."

Harry continued to tell the story of what happened with some help from Ron and Hermione. They didn't mention Ron leaving although they received a look from Bill when they skipped over this detail. They also didn't say anything about horcruxes, just they were on a search for something Dumbledore told them.

"And then Dobby showed up in the cellar and left with Luna, Dean, and Mr. Ollivander. We heard Wormtail come down the stairs a....an....and we" Harry kept saying after he failed to stifle his 10th yawn.

"Darling," said Lily. "Why don't we all go to bed and finish the story after we are all rested?"

"No its fine m....mu...muuuuum. I can finish."

"No you can't. Go to bed now please."

Harry tried to get up but was stopped by a half asleep Ginny leaning against him.

"Gin, wake up, its bed time." he whispered to her.

"Wuh? Oh sorry Harry." She said sitting up

Harry got off the couch and walked up to his dormitory with Ron right behind him. He walked over to his four-poster bed and plopped on it. He lay with his head on the pillow and listened as Ron's light snores filled the room. He lay awake for moment and thought about the events of the past day. He had defeated Voldemort. Many People had died. His parents were alive. He stated these things in his head but he thought again and again as he drifted off to sleep, my mum and dad are alive.

Lily and James Potter can once again enjoy Harry's life with him.