13

Syd's POV

We left the hotel and checked into a new one in Chicago. Klaus kept talking to Stefan about how great Chicago is and it was getting really weird. Like suspicious. The hotel were saying at is just as nice as the first one we stayed in. It's beautiful and has the same layout suite.

Klaus wants to speak to this witch about why his hybrids aren't working. Obviously, Stefan and I know exactly why. Elena's not dead and soon Klaus is gonna figure that out. Then we're gonna have a problem.

"Where is this witch you want to see?", Stefan asked Klaus as we walked out of our new hotel room.

"Just this bar. You may find it familiar, it was quite popular back in the 20s", Klaus smirked. There he goes again acting so suspicious.

"Why would Stefan find it familiar?", I asked challenging him. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"He was quite the ripper, Sydney. Maybe he stopped for a snack in Chicago". I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't roll your eyes at me"

"Sorry sir", I teased giggling. He looked into my eyes and smirked when I said this.
Hmmm. Kink, maybe?

Stefan snapped his fingers in Klaus's face and scared him. I laughed and Klaus smacked Stefan's hand.

"Actually I did stop here", Stefan started, "But I pretty much blacked out for this entire decade so I don't remember much"

We walked into this bar, it was empty.

"I do remember this place. Wow, I can't believe it's still here", Stefan said.

"You got to be kidding me", an older woman said as she walked out from behind the place and looked surprised to see Klaus and Stefan.

"So, a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the b-", Klaus starts but is cut off by the women

"Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny". I laugh at her joke.

"Say it louder, babe. For the people in back", I joke. I can hear Klaus scowling behind me. She looks at me and narrows her eyes.

"You're a new face", she says now wide-eyed, "And human. What are you doing here with... him?", she questions, specifically pointing at Klaus.

"I've been asking him that same question since we started", the woman walked up to me and held out her hand.

"I like you. Not afraid of the all-mighty hybrid. I'm Gloria"

"I'm Sydney, Sydney Gilbert", I say accepting her handshake.

"You look familiar", she continues

"Katy Pierce?", I say acknowledging her statement but she shakes her head, confused. "Kaitlyn Petrova?"

"Ah yes! You're a doppelgänger. I thought Klaus killed the doppelgänger for the ritual"

"He did", I said getting anxious just talking about her, knowing she's still alive, "there are... were two. You know, Kaitlyn and Katherine?"

"Right", Gloria nodded, "So why does he still need you around?"

"Ask him. Maybe he'll tell you why cause he won't tell me", I say shaking my head. Gloria smirks and looks at Klaus then back at me.