65 | Dreams and Recovery

I hear voices surrounding me, but all I can see is darkness

I hear voices surrounding me, but all I can see is darkness. I move deeper into the abyss, it feels like I'm not even moving, I'm just floating.

A small white light shines, it's beautiful. I walk towards it, as I get closer I feel even lighter. Walking through the light I enter what looks like a field full of flowers that goes for miles.

Admiring the beauty, I gaze around and my eyes land on a dark figure standing in the middle of the flowers beds. On instinct, I run towards the figure, as I get closer my breathing hitches, "mamma?" I whisper.

She graces me with one of the most angelic smiles, "Bambina, sei diventata una bella donna."

(Baby, you have grown into a beautiful woman)

"Mi manchi," I murmur walking closer to her.

(I miss you)

"I miss you all. You're so close Valentina, don't give up, and don't panic. Viktor will slip up once again and you'll have him, I promise Bambina," she says advancing towards me as well with her arms wide open.

I run into her arms and embrace her, this moment right now might not be real and it could all be inside my head but it feels real. I want to believe it's real, I need this right now.

"Val?" A distant voice echoes around me.

I slightly pull back and look at my mother, "it's time," she says laying a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Val?" The distant voice sounds a bit closer this time.

"Will I see you again mamma?" I quickly ask before I'm taken away from this place.

"Yes, when your time comes Val." She smiles, but her figure starts to blur in my mind, slowly I flutter my eyes open.

"Val, you're awake," Vince says relatively close to my face looking at me concerned.

I look around and see Messiah and Felix here as well, smiling looking relieved. I push Vince's face away from me, he needs to learn bloody boundaries.

He laughs, "I'll let everyone know you're awake."

"I'll come with you," Felix blurts out in a hurry, standing up and leaving with Vince, not before turning around and winking at us.

Idiot...

Messiah chuckles beside me, shaking his head at his best friend's antics, causing a grin to form on my face.

"He's something else —" I mumble, sitting up a bit, "I passed out didn't I?"

"You did, are you okay?" He asks.

"I will be, thank you for being here for when I woke up. I'm glad it was you that was here with me, it means a lot," I whispered shyly.