Ichi

"NEE-CHAN!" I let out a small shriek as a body dropped on my back. "Nee-chan, get up!" Legs straddled my sides and he started bouncing. "Get up! Get up! Get UP! GET UP!!"

"Kami, Naruto, I'm up! I'm up!" I yelled, hoping the kid would stop his bouncing. Fortunately for me, he did. "Jeez, kid." I muttered and pushed him off of me so he fell beside me on the bed as I pushed myself to my knees.

"Nee-chan, your hair looks funny!" He grinned, pointing his index finger in my direction. My smart response was to stick my tongue out at him and roll my eyes.

"Yours always looks funny, idiot." My own index finger made contact with his cheek and he frowned before jumping up, off the bed and ran into the bathroom. The light switched on and I could tell he was looking at his hair.

"DOES NOT!!" He yelled. I laughed and climbed off the bed, kicking the door shut on my way to my dresser. Pulling out some everyday clothes, I paused when my eyes landed on an old uniform. My old Anbu uniform.

Those were the good ol' days, and sometimes, I really miss them.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I slammed the drawer closed and turned to get dressed. I pulled on my cream colored skirt that fell between my knees and my calves, my light pink tank top and a large deep purple sweater over the top. I pulled my hair of of its bun and let the long red strands fall down my back.

I adjusted the waist of the skirt and pulled my brush through my hair. When I deemed myself ready, I let out a sigh and left my room to find my little brother still working on his hair.

"You look fine, otouto." I smiled. "Did you eat already?" I asked, making my way to the kitchen where there were ramen cups strewn about on the floor. They definitely weren't there when I went to bed....

"Yeah! I gotta go, Nee-chan!" The blonde grinned and jumped up, pressing a kiss to my cheek before grabbing his jacket and running out the door.

"Have a good day, Naruto," I called after him, but he was already gone. Sighing, I rolled my eyes and proceded to pick up the ramen cups my brother so kindly left behind. "What am I going to do with him..."

After a few minutes, it was perfectly spotless, and I was happy.

Clasping my hands together, I eyed the room, looking for something to do, when a knock sounded from the door. I nearly jumped, but stopped myself. I could feel the chakra on the other side of the door and sighed when it was familliar.

When I reached to door, my hand grasped the knob, twisted and pulled it open, revealing a sheepish looking Iruka.

"Hello, Ayumi." He smiled.

"Iruka, what are you doing here? Is Naruto in trouble again?" I frowned. The brunette shook his head with a wave of his hands.

"I just wanted to stop by before classes started to give you this." He held out his hand, fingers curled into a fist around the item. "Please don't shoot me, I'm just the deliverer." He laughed lightly. I held out my own hand and a necklace was dropped into it.

One that was all too familliar.

"I found it and recognized it immedietly." He explained. "I know how much this necklace means to you."

"Thank you, Iruka. I really thought I had lost it." I shot him a small smile as I unclasped the necklace.

"I thought so," he chuckled, taking the necklace back. "Here, turn around." With a small nod, I turned my back to the brunette and pulled my hair over my shoulder. Carefully, he repositioned the necklace around my neck. "There."

"Thank you, Iruka." I half turned so I was somewhat facing him.

"I better be going now," he rubbed the back of his neck in a sheepish manor. "I'll... see you later."

With that said, he disappeared.

"That was... strange..." I found myself muttering. "Oh well," with a sigh, I turned, slipped my shoes on and grabbed my purse/bag, slipping it over my shoulder. Leaving the apartment, I locked the door and started down the stairs of the complex. "Now to do some shopping!" I raised my hands over my head and stretched.

Slowly making my way through town, I kept my eyes forward, trying to ignore the stares.

They never stop staring, I thought bitterly.

Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention and tripped over my own feet. I didn't get very far as strong arms wrapped securely around my waist and I was pulled to a warm body.

"You should be more careful," I froze when the words were spoken. That voice. No way...