surprise

you come home from work and see-

*falls down stairs*

-------------------

You pulled into the driveway of yours and Michaels shared home, unsurprised to see Ashton's car in the driveway.

The boys usually spent their free time at your place, because they knew that you'd cook for them every time.

You smiled lightly when you unlocked the door to see Luke, Ashton, and Calum's shoes on the mat inside.

"Boys, I'm home." You called to the oddly quiet house.

"Boys?"

You wandered down the hall, finally seeing the light to the bathroom slightly ajar, light streaming out.

You could hear soft bickering coming out of it, and the knot of worry in my chest slowly unravelled.

"Hey, boys." You said, pushing open the door. "I was just gonn-"

You broke off, looking from the alarmed faces of 4 teenage boys, to the small, mewling bundle of green fur in Michaels hands.

You looked at Michael, then at his hands, then back at Michael again.

"Michael," You spoke calmly. "Why the fuck is our kitten green?"

The expression on his face was priceless, and you would've laughed if your kitten wasn't fucking green.

"I-We, um." Luke stuttered.

"We um." Calum choked out.

"IT WAS MICHAELS IDEA!" Ashton screamed, pushing past you and running out of the room, Luke and Calum following suite.

You glared at Michael, who blushed, then at the green, animal safe hair dye packaging on the counter.

You then looked at the little kitten you and Michael adopted a week ago, who was now dyed a light green shade, sympathetically.

"Oh, Daniel." You sighed, taking him from Michael. "What did those demons do to you?" You cooed, cuddling the kitten.

He mewled, and pawed at your nose.

"You know, if he didn't look adorable with green fur, I would've fucking stabbed you by now." You mused, looking up at Michael.

"But hey! Look." Michael said desperately, taking Daniel back into his hands and placing it on his own green head.

Daniel was completely camouflaged in Michaels hair, which you found alarming. The only way you could tell there was a kitten on Michaels head was if Daniel opened his eyes, which were a bright blue.

You giggled, in spite of yourself.

"Okay, fine." You allowed, kissing Michaels nose once before bringing Daniel gently back into your arms.

----------

Hi!

-maddie