Part 14

As Meyshna said to her parents, Ashwin called them and invited for his mum's bday event.

It's Ashwin's mum (Sumathi) birthday, she turned 60 this year. This year it's going to be a different birthday for her and everyone else. From the start to end, Meyshna has planned well.

Meyshna and Abi were up early, prepared breakfast for the family before Sumathi woke up. Ashwin woke up a little later and went to wake up his mum with a bouquet in his hands. He went towards his mum, whispered in her ears slowly "Happy Birthday my first love". Sumathi woke up with a little panic thinking if she's having a bad dream. Then, she saw Ashwin smiling at her with the bouquet. Ashwin then went forward, kissed on her cheek and said "Happy birthday ma, here's a bouquet for you, wishing you a great great day!!"

Sumathi: heyyy enna idhu pudhusa? Surprise lam panra

Ashwin: just for a change, paaru naa unna vida early'a wake up panirken

Sumathi: first nee thoonguniya illaya wake up panradhuku?

Ashwin: hehe, illa illa, adhelam pathukalam, it's your day, our special day, iniki full'a enjoy panalam, thookam is next

Sumathi: poi first thoongu..

Ashwin: iniki nee naa solradhadhan kekanum birthday girl

Sumathi: nee mudivu panitena naa edhum solla mudiyadhu

Ashwin pinched her cheeks and said "terinja seri". Sumathi then got out from her bed, had shower, and walk towards the kitchen. As she passed by, she saw everything was set on the dining table, like a fine dining set up. Abi and Meyshna then hugged her from back screaming "Happy happy birthday maaa". Sumathi had a wide smile on her face as this was all new to her, both Ashwin & Abi have never done such things before.

All of them had breakfast together and told the plan for the whole day to Sumathi. Sumathi was surprised and asked them what they are up to. All of them replied saying "It's your 60th, has to be a memorable one".

They had their little family time after breakfast. Meyshna and Abi then brought Sumathi out for shopping, a complete pampering time for their mum/(in-law for Meyshna). Ashwin didn't follow along as it's all girls and he wanted them to have fun, even if he goes, he'll be left out mostly.

By the time they got back home, it was already evening, and Ashwin didn't let his mum to be at home.

Ashwin: ok now that y'all are back, I'll go for a date with my love

Sumathi: what? I'm already tired..just want to rest, naaliki polam da

Ashwin: birthday girl..morning enna sonnen? You'll have to listen to me today. We are not going for shopping lam, chumma oru dating polam vaa, ice cream saptu varalam

Sumathi: naalikum free a dhana irupom

Abi: (evil laugh), too bad anna, naanga nalla time spend panitom, better luck next time for your date

After hearing that, Sumathi quickly got protective of her son.

Sumathi: nee vaa da namba polam

Ashwin turned towards Abi, winked at her, and then brought his mum out. Abi and Meyshna then started with their décor work, they had only about 2 hours' time to set it all up. Abi was also texting Ashwin to keep him updated. After the 'date', Ashwin told his mum that he's going to bring her to get a saree.

Ashwin: ma, I'm going to get you something, you can't deny it ok, ippove soliten

Sumathi: apdi ennadhu?

Ashwin: oru saree, customized pannadhu, unakkaga

Sumathi: yen da..

Ashwin: edhum sollakudadhunu sonnen dhane

Sumathi: fine fine

Ashwin brought her to a studio, made her to wear the saree and also get the make-up done. Sumathi couldn't deny anything, she didn't expect Ashwin to plan this out but since he wanted it badly, she agreed to make him happy. Once Sumathi got ready and walked out towards Ashwin, he looked at her in awe.

Ashwin: en kanne patudum polarku (cracked his knuckles – a way of dristhi suthi poduthal)

Sumathi was shying away looking at how Ashwin's behaving. In a while, they left the place and went back home. Once they reached home, Ashwin opened the car door for his mum, held her hands and walked heading inside home. Everything seemed normal, Sumathi had no suspicious feeling, except for the fact that Ashwin was behaving abnormally but she didn't think of it much thinking he's doing it all to make the day special for her.

Ashwin opened the door and let Sumathi go in first, there was a loud crowd saying Happy Birthday loudly. Sumathi was in shock hearing such loud sound and looking at everyone. All her close relatives and friends were there, including Meyshna's family. She could not react, everyone came and wished her, but she barely spoke anything. She couldn't believe this is happening. Abi, Ashwin and Meyshna held Sumathi's hands and brought her to the little stage set up. And she saw their family pic with her husband alongside them in it, happy tears were seen. The 3 of them gave her a tight hug. Sumathi cut the cake as everyone sang birthday song, kickstarting the event.