~TWENTY-EIGHT~

TWENTY-EIGHT: Corpse

Words: 2021 (including non-story related words such as these)

Author's Note: omg omg omg we reached over 1k reads! Thank you so so so much to anyone whos kept reading from the start of the book i really appreciate yall! Ty so much for reading the book and i hope ur enjoying it so far! Pls dont forget to vote or comment to let me know if ur enjoying it or if u have any ideas or opinions just lemme know! Again, thank you and i hope u enjoy! :)
***

Ali's mind was racing.

She had stopped screaming and instead was in shock, she stared at the body on the ground, stunned with what had just happened.

She knew she ought to have been freaking out but she was just frozen in shock. She realized she could barely breath and she suddenly wished she had Eddie's inhaler.

But the thought was quickly stomped on and instead was replaced with her guilt and shame of what she had just done.

Eddie hadn't moved since she stabbed him and he lay lifeless on the floor. He was staring up at the ceiling.

Ali knew those dull, unmoving eyes would haunt her for the rest of her life but she wouldn't complain. She deserved it.

Suddenly, Ali felt a rising lump in her throat and she could feel tears threatening to spill.

Oh God. I just killed Eddie.

It was at this moment that she really realized how much Eddie meant to her.

That was all it took.

Ali cupped her hands, with Eddie's blood dripping down her fingers, over her mouth and let out a muffled sob.

Instead of a sorrowful sob, it sounded more like a terrified sob. She was practically gasping for air and was shuddering like crazy.

She had just ended somebody's life. And it had to be a somebody that she cared so much about.

She was never going to see Eddie's eyes widen when he was surprised, shocked or heard something weird like how they always did. She was never going to see the cute small smile on his face that he wore very rarely because of the whole clown situation. She was never going to hear him ramble on and on about medical care and safety whenever one of the losers got too close to hurting themselves.

He cared about them all so much. And Ali had just ended his life like that.

The clown had won. It had found Ali's biggest fear.

Hurting someone she loved and cared about or seeing them hurt without being able to do anything about it.

That was why she had seen Richie and Eddie on the roof at that house, hurting themselves while she could do absolutely nothing but watch. That was why she had seen her father in that leper's face.