chapter twenty-three

"Hello?" I ask

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello, i'm Laura Diaz, i'm a social worker calling from the Chicago police department. Is this Sage Ferrari?" She asked.

"Yes this is she." I say.

Why the fuck are they calling me?

"Sorry to bother you, but we have your half brother, Miguel Jackson here in our custody. We tried contacting his biological father, but unfortunately he did not answer, and we only had your dna in the system." Laura said.

"Who's his biological father?" I ask.

"Alessandro Ferrari ma'am." She answered.

"I'm actually with my dad right now. Can you hold on for a second so I can give him the phone?" I ask.

"Yeah of course." She said.

I go back into the dining room.

"Everything okay?" Enzo asked.

"Uh dad, can I talk to you? It's really important." I ask.

Dad got up from his chair and followed me out the room. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Someone's on the phone for you." I say and hand him the phone.

"Alessandro Ferrari speaking." He stated.

I watch as his face morphs into shock. "Yes. I'll be there just give me a few hours." He said and took the phone from his ear.

I took the phone into my hands and fiddled with my case.

Dad cleared his throat and looked at me, "I have to tell your brothers."

I nodded my head and we went back into the room.

"What happened? Why are you guys looking at us like that?" Gio asked.

I looked at dad, "I just got a call from the police department in Chicago." Dad said.

"Chicago? That's weird." Mara said.

"What trouble did you get into now Sandro?" Ares asked with a chuckle.

"They have my son in custody." Dad said.

"Son?" They all questioned.

"What son? We're all right here." Dante said.

"I have another child that I had no knowledge until now." Dad said.

"Damn Sandro again?" Ares asked.

"Again?" We questioned.

"Yeah it happened with you two. He found out Lola was eight months pregnant with you guys and immediately married her." Ares said and pointed at Marco and I.

"That sounds depressing." Marco mumbled.

I look at him weirdly, "How?" I question.

"Getting married to someone you had a one night stand with so you can see your kids sound depressing." Marco explained.