Chapters 50 and 51

Chapter 50

        February 10th, 3119, Phoenix Penal Colony, 31:15pm, Chang ran into Pollard's office.

"We have a Palin sighting," she told him.

"That's hot, where at?", Pollard fired at her.

"Grand Canyon, a hiker spotted him firing on a Marshal," she told him.

"Who was the Marshal?", Pollard asked pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"That report hasn't been confirmed yet," she replied.

"Then how do we know that the hiker actually saw it?", Pollard shot back.

        Chang looked at him.

"I trust the report," she said.

"Hikers have been known to lie to get a reward," Pollard told her taking in a sip of coffee.

She couldn't believe her ear's, it was like his trusting nature had left.

Pollard had trusted hikers before and had been lead down the wrong path.

        Unitis had gotten a request from Hq to send the Marshals at Grand Canyon some help.

He began looking over lists to see who would be the most qualified.

He found several people, but the two that lept off the page at him had been stationed there before and knew the terrain.

He quickly called them into his office and sent them out to help.

        Pollard watched as they walked out to the dock and took off.

Unitis called Pollard into his office.

"I think that the hiker's story is true," he told Pollard.

"How do you figure?", Pollard fired back.

"I just have a feeling," he answered.

        February 10th, 3119, Grand Canyon Marshal's Station, 31:35pm, Heather sat in her office, looking over Wakefield's report.

It looked to be very straight forward, he shot Palin in self defense.

It all seemed easy, too easy.

Wakefield sat in her office, confirming his report.

        Heather got up from her chair.

"This is getting good, I have everybody breathing down my neck," she breathed.

"I can't tell you anything else than what is in my report," Wakefield told her.

"I know but, Shalon has one of her crew waiting on us to slip up," she shot back.

"I heard about that," he replied.

        Ned walked down the long corridor to his quarter's.

The case going through his mind like a bullit train, he kept trying to figure out an angle.

This was something that he was usually good at, but this time he was having trouble.

He was unable to get them to help him with his real reason for being here, finding Palin.

        February 10th, 3119, Phoenix Penal Colony, 31:54pm, Donglian walked to her quarter's and set her bag's next to the bed.