27

"I want you to know our enemy. " I looked at her to know her expressions, but her face became colourless. Even though she acts as strong and bold, deep inside she is a fragile girl who is craving for love and support.

"Tell me. " Without leaving any curiosity she asked me. But now I am wondering whether to tell her or not. How will she react? Since it is Neha, it is not that much predictable. Her thoughts changes as per her moods.

"Ayaan tell me. " She demanded. I face palmed myself whether to tell her complete story or not. After thinking for a while I decided to tell my part of story only. I wanna know whether she remember him or not. If so, she will reveal what exactly happened and everything.

Removing palm from my face, I tighten my lips and give her an assurance smile.

"He is Anand. I don't know whether you know him or not. One of most wanted criminal by my list but with other officers he is not. Drug dealing, human trafficking and what not. I am behind him since years but I got approval to investigate on him by only last year. " I looked at her and found no expression so she may not remember his name.

"Here he is. " I showed his photo from my phone and her face expression changed to anger.

"He? " Her blood is boiling.

"He even threaten me about you. " I said the half truth. I can't tell her that, only because of her hatred towards him I chose his case and finding more evidence. If I say so, she became more brave and call that Anand or do something.

"I know him. " Her face turns into disguise.

"He is the only one who killed my best friend Laya. " She sighed. "I have best friend beside Divya. One day I witnessed him dragging her to his car. I can't save her but only scream as the response. I was only 16 by then, on the way to school. By the time people arrived he drive away his car. Without going to school I complained it to the police, but after when I revealed the number plate and identified him, they were not ready to file the case. Because of their irresponsibility, she found as dead on the same day.

I could do nothing but crying, if I was more strong, I might have save her from their hold. Because of her father who debt some amount from him, he abducted laya and killer her mercilessly.

And then we reported the case again by the force of people and everyone. But no one is willing to say witness so I became witness to that case and said about him at the court.

But no law can hang him to death because he have money. After few days he was remanded from jail. "I found a very strong Neha now. Even though her eyes have tears those were shaking with rage.

" Because of that I learnt karate, I want to protect everyone around me. I can't give another chance to anyone to take away my people." Her sound shakes. "But if I was strong I could help her. I was so useless Ayaan. " The tears that were holding till now started to escaped from her eyes. Her face turns into red. When those warm tears escaped from her eyes, she shrugged it away but her hand and tighten her lips for not letting any wheezing sound escape.

"May be Laya hoping that I will save her. Her those helpless eyes are still haunting me. I.. " Her sounds are now shaking.

I cupped her face and wiped her tears away. It is Neha who is struggling to cry but trying to bold to protect everyone..

"Shh.. " I hummed and caressed her hair.