Part 4

Cale was sure this person too would run away or shout at him like all the people who used to be scared of him in their territory.

But the person did not seem to curse aloud nor try to get away from him but looked like he received a massive shock.

In fact, Rok soo was indeed shocked he now remembered the contents of the novel, and Cale was a noble who gets beaten up by the protagonist. But other than that there was the fact that he was rich. If Rok soo wanted to survive and laze around wouldn't it be better to make a deal with someone rich than to befriend the protagonist who had to face many trials and hardships?

Rok soo complemented his theory and made up his mind. He started to slowly smile.

"Ahh is that so my name is Kim Rok Soo." said Rok soo to Cale.

He looked to see Cale looking at him as if he were a crazy person. "Don't you know who I am?" asked Cale. 'Hmm, what is this' thought Rok soo.

"Oh yes of course arent you the young master?" answered Rok soo who wondered whether Cale was angry at not been greeted respectfully. 

Cale's face seemed to be more confused when Rok soo said this.

"Then do you not know that I am the trash ?" he asked. Rok soo now wondered what was happening now. He nodded.

"Then shouldn't you be running away?" asked Cale. "I don't see why I should" answered Rok soo.

Cale felt that Rok soo was really crazy. But at the same time, he felt an unfamiliar feeling of warmth in his chest.

"So how come you are in this state?" asked Rok soo. 

"I got beaten up" Cale replied casually. But now that he thought about it he felt embarrassed about getting beaten up. As he was caught up in his embarrassment he didn't notice the look on Rok soo's face.

When Cale said that he had gotten beaten up so casually Rok soo felt horrified at how casually Cale admitted it. If it had been him he would have never try to infuriate someone as scary as the protagonist. 

"Ah, so you got beaten up by Choi han already?" muttered Rok soo. He had wanted to prevent this from happening if possible as he didn't want to become an enemy of such a terrifying person like the protagonist Choi han.

Upon hearing this Cale felt cold. He asked, "Do you know Choi han?" If Rok soo was a friend of Choi han then he would never befriend Cale if he heard what he had done to Choi han.

But Rok soo's refusal immediately put him at relief.

Rok soo indeed didn't know anything about Choi han other than the fact that he was a Korean transmigrator who was the main protagonist in the story who would befriend strong people along the way while facing many trials.

"Let's go to my house now, also what do you want as a reward for saving me?" said Cale even though he didn't want to go back he didn't want to starve also he felt as if he owned something to Rok soo. 

"Money" came Rok soo's reply in an instance. "What?" Cale shouted in surprise. "Exactly what I said I also want to do some other things are you interested in helping?" asked Rok soo thinking about how useful Cale would be.

"Yes" replied Cale at once. Though became flustered immediately, "Hmph only because I have nothing to do and not because I want to know what it is that you are doing or to help you" he said his face flushing red.

Seeing this reaction Rok soo held back against laughing as he found this adorable as well as funny.

"Alright then let's go," said Rok soo extending his hand towards Cale.

They walked through the town to his house. As usual, people avoided him but some of them were staring at Rok soo. Now that he thought about it Rok soo had an impressive build and was handsome with his dark black hair and reddish-brown eyes. He seemed to be older than Cale too.

He was usually not concerned about this but now he looked from the corner of his eyes to see whether Rok soo changed his mind about him. But seeing Rok soo's uninterested expression he felt relieved.

While walking through the streets seeing people avoiding Cale Rok soo signed. 'Must be nice to be able to relax without being disturbed.'

As soon as they reached Cale's house Hans came rushing, "Young master where were you didn't you know how worried everyone was?" he asked.

"I am fine now" he replied. "So what happened afterwards?" Cale asked.

"Oh well.." Hans seemed to be unwilling to say something. "What is it just spit it out," said Cale harshly which made Hans flinch.

"Oh it's nothing young master just that Ron and Beacrox had left with Choi han that's all," said Hans nervously.

Cale on hearing this felt as if he received a huge blow. Ron had been more than a servant to him. When he had been left alone by his father Ron was always with him, and when he started drinking all the other servants had been afraid of him and looked at him with terror and disgust. Only Ron still treated him with respect and was not afraid of him.

He knew that Ron would eventually leave him but it still hurt.But he refused to show his emotions. 

"I see" he replied to Hans. 

"Prepare a breakfast for the two of us," he said pointing to himself and Rok soo. 

Meanwhile, Rok soo on hearing this was not surprised. 'Hmm seems that everything is proceeding according to the novel. I should gather the ancient powers to at least be able to defend myself.'

He also wondered whether Cale was okay since he knew that Ron would have been an important figure to Cale since Ron had been serving Cale since Cale was a child.

He also knew by personal experience how painful it was separating from people who were close to you.

But then Cale did not seem surprised. He then told the butler Han's to bring them breakfast.

The butler seemed to have only noticed him now. "Young master, who is this?" Hans asked.