Darry imagine for @cigarettes.and.converses on instagram

In case you're wondering, this is Jeremy's new user on Instagram. If you guys have an account, you should really go check out his account. He's amazing. Ilysm bb 🐷💛
------------------------------------------
I was watching my favorite tv show, curled up in the warmth of my blanket, half asleep, when there was a knock at the door. Groaning, I got up to answer it. It was Darry. "Darry? What're you doing here?" I yawned. He was wearing a suit with a red bow tie. I wondered vaguely why he was here and dressed up. Today was nothing special. He chuckled. "Don't you know today's your birthday?" I blinked a few time and came to the realization that I forgot my own birthday. "Crap..." I muttered under my breath. "Sorry Darry." He tilted my chin up and pecked my lips. "Don't be sorry baby. I'm gonna take you out to dinner if you wanna get ready." Without a moment's hesitation, I ran into my room to change. Thankfully, I still had the suit from my graduation hanging up. I quickly got dressed, then walked back out to see Darry sitting on the couch, playing with his hands. He looked kinda nervous, which was unusual for him. "Babe, everything alright?" I asked, a little concerned. He kissed me softly. "Perfectly fine sweetheart. And you look amazing." "Thank you Dare-Bear." He wrapped his muscular arm around my waist, making a blush creep up on my cheeks. "Let's go. You're gonna love what I have planned." This made my heart skip a beat. I'm always excited for going out with Darry, but tonight seemed...different. We walked out to his Ford. Darry opened the door for me, pecked my lips, and slid in the driver's seat. "Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see," he replied, not taking his eyes off of the road. I sighed and watched the road as we drove. Finally, we pulled in front of this really expensive looking restaurant. "Here we are," Darry said, opening my door. "Darry, you didn't have to do this," I said, stepping out. He kissed the top of my head, his arm wrapping around my waist again, that blush coming back. "But I wanted to. I wanna do the best for my boyfriend." I smiled as we walked in and the smell of breadsticks filled the air, making me even more hungry then before. Darry walked up to the hostess and she showed us a table in a dimly lit room. The only lights were these small ones hanging above the tables. It was really romantic. I felt Darry reach across the table and lace our fingers together. "This is perfect Darry," I said, leaning across the table to peck his lips. "You're perfect." This made the blush darken, I was thankful it was dark. The waitress came over and took our order; pizza. Something we both love. After we ate it, Darry held my hand again. "Happy birthday sweetheart." I didn't know what was going on at first, but then I looked at the wall and saw a string of lights spelling out Will you marry me Jeremy? I felt tears well up in my eyes as I looked back at Darry, who was now holding a ring in his fingers. "Jeremy, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" "Yes!" I yelled, louder than I was meaning to. "Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" He pulled me in for a passionate kiss and the whole restaurant started clapping. When we broke the kiss, I couldn't stop smiling. This was truly the best birthday I've ever had.