6 | 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑

'Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.'

chapter six
newcomer

         Life.

Life is sometimes quite blessful for you. You ask for aid, it gives it to you. Sometimes you don't even ask for it, yet it serves it to you on a silver platter. Funny? Maybe, but in a good way.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in a deadly whisper to the man following her.

He seemed to be in his mid-twenties with dark black hair and hazel blue eyes.

The man spread out his arms as if showing his presence and grinned "Surprise!"

Sighing angrily Alicia stepped and folding her arms over her chest, she raised her eyebrows, "You didn't answer my question."

"What's with all this hurry?" chuckled the man, "Let's go somewhere nice and talk. This alley stinks."

"Fine" she muttered, grabbing his arm and apparatating in front of The Three Broomsticks.

As soon as she opened the door to the pub, a gust of warm air engulfed her and she instantly felt less cold.

They settled down at a table furthest away from the prying ears.

"So," huffed Alicia sipping from her freshly ordered Butterbeer, "you didn't answer my question."

"Impatient as ever." he winked at her, "For starters, it's just me being as backup. . . in case. . . you know.. anything goes wrong. . ."

Scowling she gulped down her remaining butterbeer, "But this plan was cancelled."

"Last moment decisions." he sighed, "But, what were you doing in that old creepy pub?"

"I went to get my things back from there, but. . ." she trailed off.

"But?" he inquired.

"Someone took away the box." she looked down in shame.

"Oh God. . ." he sighed but nevertheless tried to console her. "Don't worry we will find it."

"And two files are also gone." she muttered slowly.

"What?" His mouth fell open in disbelief. "How could you?" He covered his face with his hands in frustration.

"Which ones?" he gulped.

"Not those ones. Don't worry." She tried to smile a little.

"Splendid." He fake cheered. "What a great thing you did."