Chapter 40 - Last Chapter

I put the crown back on as Louis Baker, prom king approached me.

“Hey Regan, I just wanted to say congrats about the whole prom queen thing.” He smiled sweetly.

“Thanks, you too. I’ll see you around.” I touched his arm and wondered off into the crowd. I found Kayla and Aleena still owning the dance floor with their crazy, yet bizarre dance moves which only made me laugh. I was about to raise my hand to wave to them when another hand caught it, spinning me around onto a familiar chest, obviously Jack’s.

“Leave me alone.” I commanded as he locked our fingers together began to sway to the music.

“Regan, hear me out.” He spun me around.

“Jack, let me go.” I told him, trying to step to the side to move past him but he stepped that way as well, mirroring me as if we were doing some sort of dance steps. Smooth.

“No, I don’t want to let you go. I want to hold you forever.” He continued as he spun me again into his arms, now behind me.

“Fine. Explain yourself.” I sighed, I had missed the comfort of protection of his arms around me.

“I was about to tell you about calling your Mom, I was.” He whispered in my ear. “It was just my luck that you found out before I got a chance to tell you, babe.”

“Babe?"

He ignored me and carried on. “I get you’re mad, but don’t you think your Mom needed to know; whether I was mad or not?” Still dancing with me.

I thought for a bit, not wanting to admit he was truly correct. “Yeah..” I mumbled barely hearable. 

“What was that?” Jack smirked, trying to get me to say it louder. The bastard heard me alright.

“Yeah…” I said with a little more volume.

“One more time…” His smirk grew.

“You were right okay!” I punched his arm before laughing but he quickly silenced me with a kiss. An amazing kiss, a war-ending, life-forfilling, mind-racing kiss. The kiss got passionate and more deeper as we kissed our way to the snacks where the punch was until I was suddenly pulled off Jack.

“What the fuck?!” A female voice screamed in my face. It was horrified Taylor and she’d attracted an audience as usual.

I looked up at Jack, who was trying not to laugh. “Oh uhm… Hey Taylor..” I looked at her, and how pathetic she looked in a tight ass leopard print dress.

Out of nowhere, she slapped me across the face. Smack. All eyes on us. Thanks Taylor babe. 

Instead of slapping her back, I smiled politely and lifted the whole punch bowl, pouring the red liquid on her as she gasped, disgusted whilst I watched, amused. Jack and I couldn’t hold our laughter in anymore and burst into stitches. She looked liked she been drowned in her own period blood.

“What on earth is going on?!” The principal pushed his way through the gaping crowd.

“Quick!” Jack called out to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him through the many people. We continued to laugh as I stopped briefly to pull my heels off and run bare-foot, holding them in the grasp of my free hand along with a clump of my particularly long dress so I wouldn’t trip. We ran out of the double doors and pushed our ways through the double doors and out the school grounds still laughing uncontrollably. His laughter was contagious, and I loved this boy. Rain began beating down on us, flattening our hair but we just laughed even more about it. We kept walking, our formal clothes soaked, hair messy as fuck and my make up smudged like some drug addict. We looked at each other and began laughing hysterically again, the rain drumming down around us. Jack pulled me in closer again, raindrops dripping from his face.

“I came here with one mission.” He stated.

“Oh yeah? What was that?” I giggled.

“To dance romantically with you.”

I laughed a little more. “We already did that.”

“No we argued whilst doing that.” He chuckled.

“Well then, you may have this dance.” I spoke in an English accent as we danced there and then in the rain. Jack in his soaking shoes and me in my bare-feet. It was perfect. He suddenly picked me up and kissed me long and hard. I’d missed him. After weeks of craving he was finally mine and nobody was gonna get in the way of how much I loved this boy. I was still in his arms when I patted the top of my head, frowning slightly.

“I lost my crown.” I said in a sulky way, it must have fallen off while I was running.

Jack chuckled. “Your ninety-nine cents crown? Shame.” 

He only made me laugh with that comment as well before he took the white flower that was sat in his blazer pocket and used it to tuck some hair behind my ear, leaving the flower there. “You don’t need a crown, you’re already my queen.”  

And finally, after months of tears, joy, regret and heartbreak. I finally was able to call the Jack Gilinsky mine for good.

//The End//