And I Said I Know It Well

Start from the beginning

               “I apologize,” I couldn’t hold back my laughter as she continued to glare at me. “How about I play you a song that reminds me of you? Would that make you feel better?”

               “It might help a little.”

               “Alright, I’ll have you swooning as soon as those speakers start blaring,” I winked at her before strutting my way to the jukebox.

               In all honesty, I hardly even remember the jukebox selections, and although I wouldn’t say that I blatantly lied to Sara about playing a song that reminded me of her, I also wouldn’t say that I was being completely honest. However, I am very confident in my belief that I will be able to find something on the spot.

               After a few minutes of skimming through punk rock, classic rock, and blues music, I finally settled on the perfect song.

               “Sara’s going to love this,” I grinned to myself as I inserted a dollar and pressed play.

               Josie’s on a vacation far away

               Come around and talk it over

               So many things that I want to say

               You know I like my girls a little bit older

               “Oh my gosh. No you did not just play this song.” Sara’s mouth hung open in complete shock and I just smirked at her response. “You do know that this song is about a guy who cheats on his girlfriend with an older woman right? You’re joking right? Why are you laughing? This isn’t funny,” Sara huffed in frustration.

               “Actually, it’s kind of funny. I always did like my girls a little bit older,” I winked at her and she rolled her eyes in response.

               “Two months. I’m older than you by two months. You’re making me sound as if I’m some thirty year old milf.”

               “Oh you will be,” I said with a smirk.

               “You’re incorrigible,” Sara retorted trying to hide a smile from appearing.

               I just wanna use your love tonight

               I don’t wanna lose your love tonight

               “Well I guess this song is pretty catchy, so I can’t fault you for that.”

               “See, I knew you’d see things my way. You should come to my side of the booth. It’s getting pretty lonely over here.” I patted the seat next to me and she nodded.

               “I guess I could sit next to you,” Sara replied dramatically with a smile.

               “This is so much better than you sitting all the way over there on the other side.” I wrapped my arm around her and she relaxed into my embrace.

               “I couldn’t agree more,” she responded as she leaned her head on my shoulder. We sat in a comfortable silence while waiting for our food to arrive.

               “Alright ladies, your meals have arrived!” Joe finally appeared with two trays in hand along with Gino trailing behind him with our drinks.”