you like him, don't you?

The next morning I woke up and the first thought in my head was Thomas. I walked in his room and he was still sleeping. I leaned on the doorframe, just looking at him. I already knew all his features, but when sleeping he looked precious.

I sighed and went in my room. I guess I'll talk to him when he wakes up.
Saturdays and Sundays were free for me, since my flower shop was too small to be opened all week so that day was totally free for me.

I went to my desk and opened my diary. It was about time I wrote about everything that happened the night before.

20.06.2021

Why are there so many things happening in just a couple of days? I'm sorry for everyone around me, but not for myself. I need to find a way to tell Damiano about Wanda, his girlfriend. And I need to talk to Thomas as well.

unconditionally, Sorn

I leaned my head in my palms, sighting. I wanted to tell Damiano, but who was I to give him this kind of news? Still, I couldn't let this man stay in a relationship where he's cheated on. I don't know why I was so involved in his life when my own life was a total mess.

'Morning' I heard Thomas say. He was in my doorframe, smoking a ciggarette.
'Hey. Come in' I said and my whole face lighted up when I saw his smile.
'You like him, don't you?' he asked sitting on my bed.
'Fuck offff, no' I said and slightly punched him.
'Sorn, I didn't even say his name and Damiano already popped in your head. That says a lot' he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. I only thought about Damiano because he was kind of the only man I interacted with these past days.

'So, uh, sorry for yesterday...' he said letting his head down.
'Thomas, all you need to understand is that you and I have totally different relationships with dad. With mom as well. I was the black sheep of the family, you know that.'
'I understand this.. I just want a happy family.'
'We form a family.. don't we?' I asked confused.
'I mean with a mom and a dad, Sorn..'
'Of course you do.. you know you can go stay with mom if you want to.. or dad, after you finish highschool.' I didn't want him to move. He was the one keeping me on track.
'I don't want to.. I said that yesterday because I was drunk. I want to live with you.' he said and looked at me.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug.
'I love you Sorn' he whispered.
'I love you too' I kissed his forehead.
'You are still ridiculously in love with Damiano' he laughed and I gave him an ugly look.
'I'm not. You'll see'

We spent the day together, watching movies and baking some cookies. The whole day was a total success, just me and my brother having a great time together. That's what I needed after last night.

'Did you ever feel like you like girls?' he asked me randomly.
'What?' I asked confused.
'Like did you ever questioned whether you like boys or girls, or both?'
'You like boys?' I asked figuring out what his words meant.
'I think so' he said scratching the back of his neck.
'That's totally ok, Thomas. Feel free to talk with me about this.' I said smiling.

Was this his way to come out to me? Because I was more than happy that he found the courage to tell me this.

-

'Sundays are for recreation' is what my mom always used to tell me. For me, Sundays were just a reminder that a new week, a new chapter is coming.

It was already 10am. I opened my phone and saw three unread message from Meike, one of my childhood friends.

meike: NEWS

meike: I AM COMING BACK TO ROME

meike: I NEED TO SEE U ASAP

I responded to her text and we quickly set up to meet that day. I really missed her, she moved to USA for university last year and I haven't seen her since.

We decided to go to a cafeteria that was very close to my home. Meike suggested it since I didn't have a drivers license yet.

I entered the cafetaria and spotted Meike sitting at a table and when she saw me she waved and smiled.
'Heeeey, queen, you look so good!' she said hugging me.
'Thank,  you look very good yourself!' I said an sat down.

We ordered coffee and started talking about her new life here in Rome. She said she moved back because USA was just not for her. She was determined to continue university in Italy.

'Ok actually one if the reasons why I moved here is my boyfriend, Ethan. He's such a gentleman I'm in loveeee, Sooorn' she giggled.
'Ethan? Like with long hair?' I asked remembering about the night before.
'Yeah? Do you know him?' she asked.
'Yes I actually met him like yesterday..' I said nervously. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, maybe she didn't know Ethan was at the party.
'Oooh, that party. I needed to come too, but my flight got cancelled.' she rolled her eyes, laughing. Phew.
'Yes, we met through a friend.' I said.
'Even though we only talked through you know messages and videocalls, I am really close to him, she said looking dreamy. Ok, so, let me tell you about this new bitch that I so want to beat up' she laughed and went through her phone.

Even in highschool, Meike was the popular girl who everyone feared. She was sweet but only to people that she trusted.
I admit, I didn't like her attitude with other people, but around me she was always a good friend. She has been a big support for me through highschool. but we went different ways in life since she moved to USA. Her presence here, in Rome, was so comforting.

She showed me a picture on her phone with a girl and my heart dropped in my stomach.

Wanda.

I hope you like it🤍 stay safe
meikeesposito  bestiee🙈🙈