Chapter 43 - Braveheart

RORY

It's a good thing that we are free on Mondays because it was wild last night at the club. Usually Thursdays are the days when anything can happen, so when we saw the bachelor party group coming in, we knew there would be trouble. The men in question, twelve of them, were already very drunk and loud when they entered the club. My early conclusion was that they had been bar hopping and whether we were the last stop or an in-between, they already had enough to drink. They stationed themselves in front of the bar and ordered a round of beers and shots. I don't like serving people who are so intoxicated that can barely stand up straight, so I turned on the warning system and in a minute I had Adam next to me to "help" me tap beer. Two security guys took their positions, one near the stage and one close to the bathrooms. Out experience, we know that people pick fights close to the stage or near the lounges. 

This particular group was more creative than other bachelor parties we have seen at the club. The theme was "Braveheart" and the groom-to-be was in a kilt, wore a wig and had blue paint on his face.

"I hope there's underwear under those skirts," Adam said to me while handing me a full glass of beer.

"I don't even want to think of that. As long as they keep them down, it should be okay."

Erin can be an idiot at times, because she only sees the good in people. We have warned her that she needs to be careful with who she invites on stage and yesterday was one of those occasions when we were proven right. She spotted the man in the wig with the unmissable blue face and called him on stage while his friends whistled and jeered.

"So, groom-to-be, what is your name?" Erin asked him and then moved the microphone to him.

"Name's Evan!" He shouted, not aware that the purpose of a microphone is to talk at a normal level.

"Okay, Braveheart Evan, and where are you from?"

"We are from SCOTLAND!"

We were left slightly deaf and Adam even lost half a beer from getting startled. The group in front of us grew louder, just when I thought that wasn't possible.

"And when's the big day?" Erin continued.

The guy stared at her and then turned to look at his friends who were laughing hysterically. One of them shouted that it's in May.

"May? Well never mind that you can't remember the date. Chances are you won't remember tonight either," Erin laughed. "Now Evan, let's see what moves you have planned for your wedding night. What is your fiancée's name?"

"Annabel... NO! Jenn, her name is Jenn!" He panicked and looked at his mates.

"Motherfucker! That's my girlfriend!" One of the guys yelled as he ran towards him with his fist ready to pounce.

Noah moved Erin aside and got in between the guys. He managed to duck on time and avoided getting punched. The security guys jumped on the stage and separated them. A few of the guys looked at the fight in shock, others were laughing their asses off. Since the groom and his now enemy were escorted out of the club, the group followed them outside. One of them left some bills on the bar and Adam laughed because it was more than the drinks we served them. I wonder if the wedding will still go on.

When I came home, I found Imogen sleeping in the middle of the bed. I didn't want to disturb her so I slept on the couch. Nothing serious happened with those guys, but situations like that always drain my energy, especially when a family member or a friend are so close to danger. After my fight with Duncan, even a disagreement between patrons makes me slightly nervous. Now my back feels broken and I'm extra tired, because that couch isn't meant for sleeping.