Chapter 40 | Crutches

"Crutches. Give them to me." I demanded and pointed in the closet to them.

He let go of me and I dropped to the ground. "Ow, asshole." I yelped.

He grabbed the twin crutches out with one hand and dropped them on the ground also, right beside me. I scowled at him and he ignored it walking back to the kitchen.

I took the crutches and hoisted my self up, using what was left of my upper body strength. I grunted in response but finally got on them, my hands clasped around the support handles. I smiled and closed the closet door with my side, the pot stayed in the middle of the room. I skipped over to the bed, which was quite hard considering I couldn't use either of my legs. Thankfully it didn't hurt when I used my legs occasionally as support for the crutches.

I planted myself on the floor by the bed side and tried my best to crane my neck to see Aizawa. He wasn't suspicious about the crutches, so that had me a little confused. Wouldn't he be thinking I was trying to go somewhere? He had walked over to the couch with whatever food he made and was now watching TV. I sighed in relief and swept the crutches under the bed. I grabbed the blanket and tried my best to get up onto the bed. I grasped each leg and lifted them up onto the bed, pulling the covers over me.

"I'm tired." I yelled to Aizawa across the apartment.

He stood up, "Goodnight." I watched him put on plain slide ons and leave the room, locking it behind him.

That was easy, a little too easy. This is so creepy, in a way, it's like he some kind of robot keeping me captive. He barely even fed me anything, I'm starving. Does he have some ulterior motive or something, this is so weird, but whatever.

I can't just escape right now, he's probably still walking down the hallways, or other teachers are. Im just gonna wait it out a little bit, maybe even get myself some fucking food, crazy asshole.

I leaned my whole upper half over the bed and grabbed the crutches. It took a bit but then I was on the crutches getting over to the kitchen. Looking around he literally had no food, what was he feeding me while I was in that fucking coma? The coma, how did it even happen? Oh, the kick on the back of my head probably did it, damn.

I left the kitchen with two weird snacks, some type of energy bars, but that was all he had. One was plain chocolate while the other was some confetti shit.

I got back to the bed and pulled onto it, the crutches on the floor by me. I waited for an hour maybe two, and I started to get extremely tired. My eyelids grew heavy and it was hard to keep them open. Eventually I slapped myself and decided it was time to leave.

I reached for the crutches and was in them in less than a second, I struggled to put my shoes on. Looking around I saw my stuff that was with me the day I got jumped, on the counter. I grabbed it and tried to find a way to comfortably hold it. I finally made my way to the door, this was a little too easy. Thoughts ran through my head as I was getting to the door.

What if I die whenever there isn't someone around to take care of me? Maybe I can go to Recovery Girl? She usually has my back, maybe she will help. Then that's my target, get to Recovery Girl, safely. I do wonder how Aizawa will react to me leaving, will he try and get me back from Recovery Girl? I don't know, I hope not. I'm doing this to get away from him, this was torture, for every part of my body. Seriously, every part. I've surely never been through any of this before so maybe escaping isn't the best reaction? I don't know this is so confusing, I need to figure everything out, I just know I don't wanna be here. I can figure everything out at Recovery Girls infirmary. That is, if she will let me.

I got to the door and tried my best to angle my hand to the knob. I struggled to get a little closer and my face hit the door. I grunted and pushed off, my belongings from the other day slipped from my grasp and fell. I groaned and dropped to the ground, I scooped everything up and tried to hoist myself onto the crutches again. Once I was situated on them I tried again. Thankfully, I had at least unlocked the door but it was the matter of fully twisting it and pulling. I leaned back into the door and twisted the knob halfway, then took a breath and twisted it all the way. I sighed in relief then with my crutches hopped back so I could open the door fully, and I pulled.

A man in black stood in the doorway, he blocked out all lighting.