F-Family?

Adrien is at a loss for words when he sees Marinette come down the stairs.

Marinette is already the most beautiful girl in the world in his eyes. He always thinks she is gorgeous but seeing her like this steals the breath from his lungs and makes his heartbeat so fast it's practically vibrating.

She looks incredible. Especially in that dress, though she has no idea how special it is to him yet.

Pushing back his nerves he announces "Wow Marinette, you look like a true princess."

This seems to catch her off guard because as soon as the words come out her face morphs into shock. Her eyes meet his at the exact moment that she loses her balance and begins to fall forward.

Seeing this all happen before his eyes, he immediately leaps forward to catch her.

On her way down her body seems to turn a little almost as if she is twirling. He tries to catch her with just his arms but due to the velocity at which she is falling, he's a bit taken off guard and almost drops her.

He has his hands looped around her back as she hovers just above the floor. It looks as though he is dipping her ( 💃🏻) and Tom being the hopeless romantic that he is can't resist taking a photo of them.

Adrien and Mari's eyes blaze into each other's souls. He gets lost in the sea of blue with turquoise and sky-blue flecks in her eyes while she gets lost in his forest of green with flecks of golden brown like sunlight peeking through the leaves.

Their heads turn after the camera flashes and makes a clicking sound. They look wide-eyed at the camera before their cheeks simultaneously turn rouge.

"Oh Tom!" Sabine playfully scolds her hubby.

Mari blushes a bright red and bites her lip feeling very embarrassed.

"W-what are you doing here?" She directs towards Adrien. She turns to her parents "I thought we had an award show to go to?"

Adrien takes her hand in his and pulls it up to his lips. "Well, I wanted to keep it a surprise so I asked your parents to help me out."

Mari looks very surprised and rosy-cheeked. She nods her understanding while looking at her feet nervously.

Ugh, why am I so nervous?! She thinks. He's seen almost all of me naked yet this is what makes me nervous?!

She briefly glances back up at him and sees that he is still watching her and studying her features in awe. There's just something about the way he's looking at me... it makes me so nervous.

Mari can feel her cheeks burning up and her heart beating a mile a minute. Suddenly she starts to feel very worried he can hear rapid heartbeats.

Luckily Tom interrupts her overthinking by begging them to let him take a few photos. "You both look so cute together. Can we take a few photos? Who knows maybe one day you'll be able to show them at your wedding or to your grandkids!"

"Dad!" Mari shouts at the same time as Sabine shouts "Tom!" Sabine shakes her head hoping for her daughter's sake that he hasn't just scared away her date. Mari turns red feeling totally embarrassed.

Adrien smirks a little and subtly takes her hand and interlocks their fingers while her parents lightly bicker back and forth. His eyes are filled with adoration and love. He leans in till his lips graze her ear "oh trust me, I'm planning on it," he murmurs softly so only she can hear.

Mari can feel her entire body heat up and her cheeks turn a rosy red. This causes Adrien to display a large sly grin on his face.

"I love it when you blush like that my beautiful Princess." He kisses her cheek and loves the feeling of the incredible warmth of her skin on his lips.

Again the flash and sound of a camera being clicked grabs their attention.

"Dad!" Mari shouts turning red yet again and causing Adrien to make a stifled laughing sound.

"I'm sorry but the two of you are just so cute together!" He wines in an adoring tone causing the two girls to roll their eyes.

Tom directs them to make different poses for the camera and although Adrien happily obliges, Mari is totally embarrassed by her dad.

Luckily the photos don't take long because Adrien understands all of Tom's orders and goes through each pose perfectly (it's the model in him 😩).

Mari kisses her parents' cheek goodbye and Adrien extends his hand (to shake hands). Sabine lightly slaps his hand down. "Sweetie you're part of the family now, there's no need to be so formal. In this family, we hug!"

Sabine and Tom both hug the boy at the same time creating a cocoon of warmth and unconditional love.

Adrien gasps softly. "F-family?" He repeats in a breathy whisper so soft that no one else hears it. His heart flutters with warmth and a happy kind of pain.

It's been so long since he's felt this feeling. The feeling of being loved and supported in a parental kind of way. This is what family feels like - he thinks to himself.

Of course, the only one able to hear him was Plagg who is tucked away in his pocket. His tiny heart aches for his owner. It hurts knowing how deprived Adrien has been of this kind of affection.

Plagg peaks his head out and sees a tear slowly falling down the boy's cheek. Since both Sabine and Tom are facing away and Marinette can't see from where she is standing he flies up to wipe away the tear with his paw.

At the feeling of a soft fluffy touch on his cheek Adrien opens his eyes to see his kwami giving him a look of sympathy and happiness for the boy. Adrien mouthes the words "thank you." Plagg nods and flies back into the pocket just before the hug ends.

When Sabine and Tom pull away they can easily see the emotion in Adrien's glinty green eyes.

Tom smiles warmly at him and gently pats his shoulder. "Something tells me you needed that son," his voice is low enough so his daughter can't hear. Sabine nods in agreement.

Adrien's cheeks turn red. Am I really that transparent?! - he thinks.

Sabine continues "we know how... ummmm... complicated things are with your dad. We just want you to know that you're always welcome here and you can come to either one of us anytime." She pauses a little trying to find the right word before settling on "complicated."

Adrien stares at them blankly for a moment. How do they know? - he wonders. He briefly turns his head back towards his girlfriend. He sees her standing there watching them with a sympathetic and kind smile.

With one look he knows exactly what's going through her mind; he can see the hope in her eyes. She wants him to have that kind of love and support, she hopes he'll feel comfortable enough to let her parents give him that.

Does she really talk about me that much? She must really care if she mentioned it to them. Does she worry about me? - he smiles at the thought and feels like he's the luckiest man alive.

He turns back to her parents, "thank you Ms. and Mr. Dupain-Cheng." He gives them a genuine look of appreciation.

"Please call us Sabine and Tom," Sabine says in a scoffing tone at his formality.

He smiles and nods thankfully.

hi! I know this chapter is super short and fluffy but I think its better to have there be a break between what happens in the next chapter and this one. 

Also, I know it must be super annoying because I used to post at least once a day and now I do it every few days but please trust me I spend almost 90% of my free time writing (or reading just to get my writing juices flowing). The problem is I don't have a lot of free time right now! 

P.S. yall's comments send me! Omg, I can't have any liquid in my mouth while reading them or there's a good chance it will be coming out my nose lol! I want to reply to all of you and read them all but I'm guessing yall would rather me update so that's what I'm trying to do.

Please leave a like <3