𝟕. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

Being kicked directly in the dick would've hurt less than Dani's statement. Tucker is all she has. She has no one else. Not one other fucking person, like me, the man who'd flown here risking his neck and nuts for her. Not. One. Other. Fucking. Person.

I won't even let myself think about the other statement she'd made about him. The dominance in me roils the contents in the pit of my stomach. Love. I grip the steering wheel harder, making the leather groan under my fingers. We'd never shared that particular sentiment with one another, never told each other that we loved one another.

What we'd had wasn't love, at least that's what she had said at the end of it. What we'd had was a lie in her eyes. All of those moments together and everything we'd shared meant nothing. I meant nothing— still mean nothing. Well, maybe not entirely nothing as it would appear she continues to find me fuckable.

I was made aware of Dani's lingering sexual attraction the moment I'd thrown her on top of that hotel mattress. She'd flashed me those big ole blue-grey doe eyes, an icier shade than my bright blues, and they'd told me her mind was conjuring some distant sexual memory. Many a time I'd thrown her onto a bed, or a surface for that matter, in much the same fashion, then had my way with her.

Dani had always had a sassy mouth, been full of taunting behavior. Regardless of said mouth, she always had a real affinity for my dominant nature, especially in the bedroom department. As much as she likes to pretend she doesn't like the fact I'm a predator she sure used to enjoy being my prey.

I turn onto her street with a subtle jerk of the wheel which dispels all thoughts of Dani naked on a bed or me covering her face in spunk. Not that I was necessarily thinking about the latter but I've always rather enjoyed making women into a beautiful mess, particularly the woman seated next to me.

Agelos would shoot me point-blank if he knew all of the disgusting things I've done with his daughter.

After I park the car parallel, I open the door with, "let's make this quick. We don't have a lot of time to fuck around. We get him and get out." I pull out my gun, readying it in case it's needed.

"Wait," I pause at the word, turning to her impatiently, "you don't have to come with me. I can handle Tucker without—"

Without you.

"No dice." I exit the car and wait for her to round the side of it. "You better get used to having me around, sweetcheeks." She grimaces at that. "Oh come on, you know there's a part of you that's excited about being in close proximity again." Probably not in the least and the face she's giving me right now tells me exactly that. "Well," I gesture to the apartment building door, "lead the way into your lovely abode."

She enters the barred-glass door without a backward glance at me. The first thing I'm hit with is the pungent smell of ammonia when I cross the threshold. Someone on the ground floor has one too many felines, like a call-the-humane-society amount of cats. I'd take the stairs two at a time to get away from the stench if Dani's too-small form wasn't in front of me.

Maybe I could just toss her over my shoulder again... Best not.

I let out several loud sneezes which has her looking back at me curiously. I thumb over my shoulder with, "I'm allergic to cats." She only quirks a brow before continuing her way up.

The entire time we ascend the staircase I listen for another set of footsteps or even several sets. Nothing has alerted me if we have company; yet. I know it's only a matter of time before they raid her building but they're probably reassessing the potential risks after yours truly shot three of their men in an alleyway.