5:1 Teacher Hal

A lot had change since Ms. Rodriguez was hospitalized. I do not usually care about these things, but I think it affected our class a lot and most of them lost motivation to study. I heard from Zandro that Ms. Rodriguez will be resting for at least two months, but it is already the start of December and she still has not come back.

We had three different teachers since Ms. Rodriguez was gone. The first one was too old. He just gave us a lot of seat works and home works. All he does is just sit down and answer some newspaper crosswords. The second one was college girl practicumer. She tried her best to teach us, but she lacks the controlling power in class. She ended up being transferred to another class. The last one until now was very friendly. Most of my classmates like her a lot, but she never gave us any seatwork or homework. She just talks about her boyfriend and her lovelife—ugh what a waste of time. I did not even bother to listen to her nonsense.

I really was fed up with what was happening in our class, so I asked my Dad about this and he tried asking the school VP. Actually, my Dad and the school VP were good friends when they were still in the university—the truth is, our school VP Ms. Eve Torres and my dad were a couple during their high school days, but Dad broke up with her because she was so possessive. Maybe that explains her unequalled strictness and bitterness.

Anyway, I heard from my dad that VP did not know anything about these things because she was on different trips to help improve the school. My Dad added that she had just come back from her last trip from Beijing.

So immediately after coming back to school, she removes our current teacher and hired a more capable teacher to fill in for Ms. Rodriguez until she comes back.

Came Monday, everyone did not care anymore who will substitute for Ms. Rodriguez class. They thought that it would just be another mediocre unqualified teacher, so they did not even bother to prepare.

"Waze totoo ba na kinausap ng Dad mo si VP para palitan ang teacher natin?"

"Uh yes Rence, I'm sick of going to school na walang natututunan."

The class was so noisy at that time when the teacher came inside the room. I was actually about to start believing my classmates' prediction, but suddenly, the room became quiet—I felt some presence that's intimidating me.

When I saw the teacher, it was my Uncle Hal. He is the younger brother of my dad and my worst nightmare. Why? He is always bullying me since I was young, telling me that I'm not good looking enough, and my charm skills is second to none—I HATE HIM!

As soon as he got to the table, he scanned the whole class from left to right and top to bottom then he looked at the attendance sheet and scanned it as well.

"Please stand when I call your name. Cruz, Therese. Ortega, Rose. Truman, Yvette."

The three of them all stood up and were confused, and all of my classmates were nervous and worried. Then Uncle Hal then said something very Santiago like.

"You are the most beautiful girls in this class. Please exchange seats with these people in front of my table."

So they all took their things. Riz exchanged place with Abcd. Rose Exchanged place with Silvia and Yvette exchanged place with Donita—I do not want to admit it, but he was really good. I assume that he just guessed their names from the attendance from their looks.

All my classmates were really surprised from his action. I can safely assume that most of the boys are already starting to get irritated with his attitude and most of the girls are already fallen for him. After that, he asked all the girls to sit from row 1 to row 2 and all the boys to sit at row 3 and 4.

And when everything was set to his liking, he immediately started his lesson. Most of the boys are getting more irritated, so the smart ones tried testing him by asking him the most difficult questions that they can think of, but all failed in vain because he is the type of person that backs up his arrogance with intelligence... He is actually a suma from Ateneo major in English and Communication. He never had any record of bad behavior and was a Student Council President. That is why I was wondering why he decided to teach hear in our school? Maybe dad knows something about this.

When he finished his lesson, everyone was in awe his teaching capabilities and on top of that, he was really easy on the eyes—ugh, I know how to admit things if I know it was real.

When the bell rang he just stop discussing, fixed his things and went out of the room, but as he was about to go out of the door, he introduced himself.

"By the way class, my name is Hal Santiago. I'll be your temporary teacher until Athena comes back. And yup, I'm your classmate Waze's Uncle—see yah!"