𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 || Kazuha ( 2 )

You felt the cold wind brushing through your hair and against your skin as you stood on your spot, trying to not even move a single muscle as the cold blade of the creature was still pressed against your throat, making it rather hard to properly breath.

You were panicking, not knowing what to do as Kazuha still stood there in front of you with the most deathly glare you ever saw him wear. He looked like he would just dash forward towards that creature to slaughter them to no end, as you on the other hand were just trying to find a possibility to escape and run away as fast as you could with your friend.

But in that situation — you were more concerned about Kazuha and wanted him to just let you behind so that he would be able to escape safely.

You wanted to tell the male to run — yell it at him so he wouldn't even look back but the blade on your throat made you fear that your head would be sliced off the second you would even open your mouth to say a single further word, so you just looked at Kazuha with eyes telling him to let you behind.

But you knew him better than that, knowing that he would never let a friend somewhere to die if he was the one that the creature wanted. He gripped his sword even tighter as he gritted his teeth, concentrating at the figure behind you as he didn't knew what to do.

They wanted his vision and Kazuha would give it to them without even a second thought if it would mean you would come away safe — but he knew that it wasn't that easy. You were most likely the best thing to bring the male to do everything he was tasked to — the best way to blackmail him. So why would they just let you free after they received this one thing they wanted of they could have even more.

But still, they only wanted his vision — not himself. What would they even do with him if he wouldn't have him vision anymore. He didn't knew what he should do though — making the creature seemingly impatient as it spoke up again.

"I said—"

"I know what you said"

"...Than there's no need in hesitating, is there?"

"..."

The tight grip of Kazuha's one hand on his sword loosened a bit as he slowly reached out for his own vision that was attached to the back of his left shoulder while the other hand still had a hold on the weapon as the male didn't averted his eyes off of the strange figure even a second.

The male took the greenish crystal in his palm as he was still hesitant. It was his only choice to hand them what they want — even with that risk, it was the only safe way to maybe get you away from that creature.

Kazuha stepped a bit forward, wanting to hand the vision over but not coming far as the blade on you throat was pushed a bit further against your skin, making you gasp for air as a bit blood escaped the spot where the weapon was placed at. The white haired male immediately stopped in his tracks as he saw this, gritting his teeth even more as he threw the crystal over for the creature to get, who had caught it with it's other hand — the cold blade still placed against your skin as you had your eyes shut.

"Now get your hands off of them"

Kazuha said in a dangerously low voice as he watched the figure not moving this time, looking down on the vision before up again.

"I can't remember saying to let them go in the slightest"

The creature said, stepping a bit back as it dragged you with him. Kazuha's eyes widened, realizing what was happening as he immediately ran forward — the strange creature summoning a portal like whole behind itself and you as it was about to enter backwards, wanting to escape the scene with the vision and you, as they were half through the portal just to be stopped by Kazuha pushing the creature away from the black whole with all his strength, causing it stumble to the side as the blade on your throat loosened, making you step away as fast as possible as you hastily looked at Kazuha who stretched out his hand for you to take — to drag you away from that monster as you wanted to take it, wanting to escape that fearful situation.

It was like the time froze as you were just centimeters away from Kazuha's hand till you noticed the creature behind you moving again.
You hadn't even time to react as the white haired male in front of you had the same expression on his face as before — a terrified and knowing look.
He grabbed your wrist, pulling you behind him as you fell to the ground due to the strength of the male pulling you back with all power he had.

"Kazu—"

But as you looked up, you were met with a sight that you never even wanted to think of — seeing the male in front of you with a blood tainted blade rammed through his stomach, the red liquid dropping down from the tip of the weapon.

"...Kazuha?"

You voice cracked as you said his name, so silent that it was barely audible but still loud enough for the male to hear as he turned his head, looking down at you to see if you were safe. A small smile formed on his pale face as he looked at you, as you on the other hand were not even fighting back the tears that escaped your fear-filled eyes.

"( Y/N ), please... run..."

You looked up at the male as you hesitated, shaking your head as a no as you felt like you weren't even able to talk a single word. You wanted to help but knew that Kazuha was beyond saving — making
you cry even more.

"...why...? why did you...?"

That was the only thing you could muster to say that moment as you watched Kazuha's expression not changing, just that he now looked really sad.
You didn't knew what you expected but the single tear that ran down on the males cheek made you feel even worse than before.

He didn't said a word as the blade was pulled out of his stomach again — causing the male to fall to his knees as the creature that stood there, just looked at the vision in its hand before the portal behind it opened again for the monster to just vanish like that.

It was silent again all of a sudden — too silent, as you sat there frozen on spot for a moment, needing to process what had happened.

But you were snapped out of thoughts again as you heard Kazuha heavily coughing, making you crouch near him as you carefully placed one of you hands on his cheek, turning his head up for him to look at you as you noticed his eyes looking deathly tired and empty.

"Y-you shouldn't..."

You couldn't even finish your sentence as you bit your lower lip, trying to not cry even more as your tears dropped down on Kazuha's skin who raised his hand — wiping a tear from your eye with his thumb as he still smiled at you.

"I... couldn't let them... take you away"

"But-"

"No but's"

The male chuckled a bit before taking a heavy breath.

"See you... soon"

And with that said, his eyes closed themself, his hand slowly fell down from you face to the ground and his head lifelessly falling further into your touch.

"...wait... no, NO. You can't go! D— don't let me alone, Kazuha! KAZUHA!"

But it was for no use as the breathing if the male has long stopped and his blood ran cold. You don't wanted to accept this but there is no use in refusing to let the dark side of the reality touch you.
Because it was long too late.