Chapter 43

"Silently if, out of not knowable
night's utmost nothing, wanders a little guess
(only which is this world) more of my life does
not leap than with the mystery your smile

sings or if (spiraling as luminous
they climb oblivion) voices who are dreams,
less into heaven certainly earth swims
than each my deeper death becomes your kiss

losing through you what seemed myself, I find
selves unimaginably mine; beyond
sorrow's own joys and hoping's very fears

yours is the light by which my spirit's born:
yours is the darkness of my soul's return
–you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars"

E. E. Cummings

"Hey," was the first word Kira heard when she walked through the door.

She laughed, "Hello, to you too, Reg. You wanted me home early, I'm here."

Regulus grinned, "Go put on a dress, we're going out for dinner."

Kira returned the smile. "Ooh, a date," she said twirling around and walking to her room.

Once she finished getting changed into a velvety red off-the-shoulder dress, she went back to the lounge. There, she spotted Regulus in a suit with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face.

He looked excited. Perhaps he was taking her to a really nice restaurant.

She returned his grin, "This restaurant better be top tier."

He held out his arm for her. "Only the best for my Rose."

They walked down the street after a full meal to a park nearby. Kira went to plenty of expensive restaurants in her lifetime and every single time she was amazed.

The restaurant itself was extraordinary and the service was brilliant. She's always told herself that one day she will go to an expensive restaurant and pay with her own money rather than her family's.

The sun was beginning to set and Kira thought they would go home but Regulus suggest they go to the park for a bit because of the way the light reflected onto the lake during the sunset.

"Kira," he dragged out her name, pulling her along.

"Reggie," she mocked him in a high-pitched voice.

He stopped for a second and grinned, "I love you." He bent his head down and pecked her on the lips before turning right back around and led her to the park.

She giggled, following after him.

They reached the park and he led her to the lake, where they were just in time for the sunset. It made the lake glisten in a mix of pinks, golds, and purples.

It matched the colour of the sky. While she loved sunrises more than sunsets she could not the beauty of them.

She continued to stare at the lake as small waves caused the water to glisten and shine in the light. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Regulus get down on one knee.

She turned to see if he dropped something but he was only staring at her with a grin on his face.

He was going to propose. Her breathing turned shaky and she brought her hands up to her mouth in a gasp when he pulled out a ring box.

He opened it and never once did his gaze leave her. She could see his eyes starting to water.

"Kira, my rose, my love," he began, "I know we're young, but I knew it a year ago and I know it now. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you. I want to you to be the mother of my children, and I want to stand next to you when we send them off for their first years at Hogwarts. I want you by my side for as long as you'll have me. I love you. Will you marry me?"

Tears were now falling down his face and she mimicked him. She nodded, fumbling to form words. "Yes," she whispered, then louder, "Yes."

She held out her hand and he slipped on the ring and joined him on the ground nearly toppling him over. She pulled back from the hug and cupped his face, kissing him, and then returning to the hug.

"I love you so much," she whispered.

"I love you too."

She pulled back, both of them kneeling on the grass, and she examined her ring. It was a gold band a few diamonds on each side of the larger center diamond. The center diamond was incased in gold with a crescent moon on either side.

Regulus looked at her, "You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars."

"I didn't know you read muggle poetry," she whispered, pulling him in for another kiss.

"Something compelled me to," he said against her lips.

________________________________________

Soooo yeah

The ring:

The Dress:

The Dress:

IM SO SORRY I BASICALLY DISAPPEARED I WILL TRY UPDATE BUT I PROCRASTINATE LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW

I WILL TRY UPDATE BUT I PROCRASTINATE LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW