Chapter 16

I basically spend the day and night in bed. This new one is so warm and comfortable.

It's 1am now. I'm becoming used to the change of times of the day. Going though the day like night and the night like day. I roll over and shut my eyes. Currently I just felt like sleeping.

A strange shuffling noise occurs behind me. I tense up, what if it's that man? My heart rate is increasing. Oh no.

But then I am smothered by arms and floppy hair.

"Hey Eve" there is my reassurance.
"Hey Dan"

I could smell blood on his breath. A too familiar smell living in a house of Vampires. I liked being held close to him as I am now. Touching his tight, firm muscles in his arms. He's so tall and long making me feel safe and small.

We lie here still. I just let him listen to my heartbeat, feel the light breaths I take. It was music to his ears to him. That's what he told me, it makes him happy in the knowledge that I am well, and most definitely alive.

Darkness. That's all I can see. Distorted images. I can't see anything it's all b l u r e d. What's happening?

"Eve!" A voice whispers. "Eve.."
"IM GOING TO kill you."

Lights flashing.

His face, Jacks face. S m i l i n g. Bloody mouthed, saying.

YOU'RE DEAD.

I cannot breath. My lungs won't work. My eyes closed shut tight. Get out of my head. GET OUT.

I'm crying, screaming. I want him out.

"Eve! EVE! Talk to ME!" I scream two tight arms cuffed around me. I'm suffocating.

Suddenly my eyes dart open, searching for light, searching from surface from the hell of the nightmare.

"Fucking hell Eve speak to me" I hold on to that voice. Knowing the holder of it was my hope. Even if it sounded weak.

But I still couldn't breath. Like my lungs are filling up.

Then there's his face. Dans face.
Like a light in the swollen sky. He's yelling.

But I am only still.
Feeling insane.
Mind left dry.
Heart left heavy.

So I'll close my eyes, praying for relief.