I (XXIV). The Secret Behind the Rings 💍

(Author's Note: The first few chapters of this story will have Isabelle and Acheron out of focus so that they will give emphasis to the Suzuki twins.)

•°•°•○•°•°•

It was 06:05 of morning in the Netherworld. At another second, a pair of Hellraiser Clocks crowed to signal the time of awaking to the day anew. In their beds sat up twins Ryūko and Iruma Suzuki, descended from the Human Realm and adopted by a demon.

Iruma, the male younger twin in purple nightwear, stretched his arms out as he walks to his window. As compared to the atmosphere in the Human Realm, the birds are larger and monsterous, whirlwinds of dark clouds slowly stirred without eruptions in clear skies.

"It's gonna another great day today!" Said Iruma.

Ryūko, the female elder twin, brushed up her dark azure hair before looking upon the same view at her window.

"Thanks be to the Lord of this realm for the safety of the previous night." Said Ryūko.

After preparations, Ryūko and Iruma greeted their adoptive demon grandfather Sullivan, their demon cat butler Opera, and their cambion housemate Isabelle Abaddon.

"Good morning. Hey, Grandfather/Grandpa. Hey, Isa and Opera!" Greeted the twins.

"Morning, you guys." Greeted Isabelle.

"And a good demo-rning to you, my darling grandkids!" Cheerfully greeted Sullivan moving aside the newspapers in hand.

"Yes, good morning, Iruma and Ryūko." Greeted Opera.

In front of the twins laid what appeared to be a strange worm-like dish, fish stew, a salad bowl and a stack of pancakes.

"This all looks so yummy!" Gleamed Iruma, "I'm gonna dig in!"

"Of which, we shall." Added Ryūko with her hands in a prayer and monotone voice.

Iruma was already enjoying his breakfast, as his expression suggested his satisfaction. The latter sibling was keeping a noble posture while she silently eats. Same goes for Isabelle.

"Your Hell Gray teas." Said Opera serving the twins cups of tea.

"Thank you." Thanked the twins and their housemate.

Resting his face in both hands, Sullivan addressed Ryūko and Iruma and got their attention for a certain manner. "By the way, it appears that your Ring Of Pride and Gluttonous Feeder Ring are a bit hungry at the moment." Said the elder demon, "Let's feed them some of my magic power. The rings need to eat their fills, too after all."

He extended his arm towards their raised arms and his nail touched their rings one at a time.

At that touch, both rings emitted a purple glow before they shortly lit up in their designated colors: platinum for the Ring of Pride and gold for the Gluttonous Feeder Ring.

"Ah, they should be completely sated now." Said Sullivan.

"Wow, Grandpa. Thank you/Thank you, Grandfather." Said Ryūko and Iruma in sync.

Sullivan turned into a sort of egg-shaped form in his cheery mood and said, "And of course, make sure you eat to your hearts' content, too, kiddos!"

At the gate outside of the Sullivan Mansion, a quartet of voices greeted the Suzuki twins.

"Hey, you three. Are you done in there?" Called out Acheron Gremory, the demon whom Isabelle saved on their first day in Babylus.

"Ryūko, Issy, and Iruma-kins! Good morning 4 you!" Greeted the playful girl in green hair, Clara Valac, "5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12..."