thirty five: the plan b

My frazzled state couldn't even begin to comprehend what he was saying as we all finally were untied and Thomas took control once again. He was running around frantically, darting in between all of us to inspect any injuries and once he was satisfied we were all okay, he ran to the front of the group.

"Okay, let's go!" He said, as he jolted forwards, but not enough as he came face to face with one of the men I saw earlier with Jorge. I scanned the man's build, before my eyes landed on the large gun he held in his right hand. He was large and muscular, as he gripped tightly to the Ruger 357 Magnum, making the others step back slightly.

My figure immediately tensed up, which Newt noticed at once, as he brushed his hand against mine. And funnily enough it worked, I instantly felt calmer, just with his presence.

Mentally I scolded myself, as I despised the idea that someone I barely even knew had that much control over my emotions, but now wasn't the time to be thinking about that.

"We're not trying to cause any trouble, okay? We just got to get out of here." Thomas said calmly, as he held his hands up slowly to the man. His fingers were shaky and his voice faltered slightly as he talked, but the man didn't even seem to care. "Is that so?" He sneered, before reaching into his back pocket.

My shoulders immediately tensed up again, as I figured he was reaching for another weapon, but instead held an intercom receiver in his hand, as he lifted it up to his mouth. "Janson, I got 'em for ya. I'm bringing 'em down."

Shit. So, he wasn't with Jorge at all, he's one of them. He's Wicked.

If anything, that's even worse than I previously thought, as before I figured he was one of Jorge's men; after all, he was there when Jorge was 'questioning' me, so I think that was a fair assumption.

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse, he lifted the gun and cocked it as he drawled, "Come on. Let's go." I could feel my palms sweating and my breathing pick up slightly, as I thought about all the things that would happen to us if we went back to that place. There's no way I would have a choice if I wanted to join them at this point, I know that Janson won't be as forgiving as he was last time, especially after what happened with Lynch.

I wonder what had happened to him after all that. My cut had heeled rather rapidly and was now barely even noticeable, but I doubt that's what happened to Lynch after I slammed his face into the table. I'd be surprised if his nose didn't end up broken, to be honest.

"Don't shoot us." Thomas said as he moved cautiously towards the man, holding up his hands in an effort to appear defenseless as he pleaded with the man not to kill us right then and there. But even as he begged, the man didn't seem to care. "I said let's go."

But still, none of us moved. Personally, I felt frozen to the spot, and I was glad that it seemed that I was not the only one. But if anything, that just made the man angrier, as he ushered his weapon at us to move.

And just when I thought Thomas was going to give up and just do as the man said, he lunged forward in an attempt to grab the gun.

It all happened so fast, as they both fumbled about for the trigger, and in a flash, it went off. My heart dropped into my stomach as I thought someone had been hurt, but quickly realised that the bullet had flown overheard and was actually nowhere near hitting any of us.

But my relief was short lived, as the man snatched it fully from Thomas' grip, completely stunned by the boy's actions as he looked as if he was about to explode with anger. "You little bastard!" He yelled, once again he raising the weapon right for Thomas.