chapter 8 - sunshine

Aleksander was at Kribisk, he had arrived to see the new skiff

Aleksander was at Kribisk, he had arrived to see the new skiff. He was used to the ache in his heart now. It seemed that his little moon and well and truly broke down the shadows surrounding his heart.

How glad he was for that, however the longing to be in her arms only seemed to be growing, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.

Never in his life, however he craved it did he think he related to that quote. Now he seemed to be a lovesick fool with the moon having his shadows wrapped around her finger.

Never did he think that he would act like a husband, desperate to leave work to go home to his wife on a friday afternoon.

Yet here he was, in a war tent in Kribisk, his creation behind him and he was staring at the fire picturing a small woman laughing and dancing in the fire light after too many kvas.

He didn't even realize the faint smile that had worked on to his face till Ivan burst through the tent flap and he schooled his features, that smile was reserved for Aruna, and Aruna only. "What is the cause for you disturbance, Ivan"

"They have found a the sun summoner"

That changes so much, yet so little

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Aleksander was curious, there had been many sun summoner hoaxes, but never in the fold itself. Let alone any of his grisha lying to him.

To be honest he just wanted to deal with the fake and take an early leave back to Aruna, but she a half Shu girl walked into his tent, his interest peaked.

Then she denied being a sun summoner and refused to answer whether she had been tested, that also peaked his interest.

Then when she lit up the tent he was very interested.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Ivan getting angry at the Darkling was rare, possibly as rare as the sun summoner herself. However that seemed to be the case.

Not only was the Darkling babing the sun summoner after the attack he was now riding with her. On horseback, alone all the way back to Kribisk.

At this both Ivan and Feydor shared a look.

It didn't matter how bloody important the Darkling is, even if Feydor makes jokes that Ivan is married to Darkling, no one hurts Aruna.

If anyone hurts the little moon, there would be a price to pay.

And it was not looking good because Darkling, Ivan and Feydor were not like the way he looked at the sun summoner in the tent. The person he ever looked at like that was Aruna, and they wanted to keep it that way. Now he was alone with her pressed up against him for the entire ride back to Os Alta.

Only Feydor was close enough with Aruna to know her secrets, her story. And if the Darkling ever leaves her, well Feydor had been trained to kill and Ivan knew how to dispose of a body.