"Yeah, who random—"

"But!" Tengen interrupted, "it's fine when it's you apparently." He rolled his eyes. "You have no idea how shocked I was when we were hanging out and you suddenly asked Sanemi to come over and bring any leftover cookies from the baking he apparently did the day before. I was even more shocked he showed up at your house with the cookies! This is unfair treatment," he sighed.

"Not that I care but," Muichirou started, "......cookies."

"Really? I only asked since he said it'll go bad if they're not eaten, and free food, you know."

"Aniki actually has a separate batch just for whenever you'd call him," Genya exposed, shocking everyone in the room. "He got mad once because I took from that pile."

"Even more unfair treatment!" Tengen whined.

"Exposed!" Mitsuri gasped.

"I want justice!" Kyojurou demanded.

"I want cookies," Muichirou commented from the side and you made a mental note to give the boy some cookies next time.

"Cookies," Giyuu preached, joining in with Muichirou.

And though Obanai wasn't that close with Muichirou or Giyuu, it still didn't stop him from preaching, "Cookies."

So while Kyojurou and Genya soon joined the Cookies preach gang, Tengen placed his elbows on the table, looking at you as he felt disappointed with himself.

"I still can't believe I didn't notice you liked Sanemi." He frowned. "I would've helped you two get together if I did."

"Well it sure wasn't easy." You grinned. "Especially when he kissed the back of my hand before I even confessed."

"HE WHAT?!" Both Tengen and Mitsuri exclaimed.

"Hey! Why'd you tell them that?!" he demanded, his face turning red again.

"Give us the details now!" Mitsuri demanded.

"And don't leave anything out!" Tengen add. "From start to finish."

You laughed, retelling the events as Sanemi did his best to shut you up while the Cookie preach gang did their own thing at the side.

+++
TRIVIA

•Whoa, you made it to the end of the book \( ö )/

•Funny story how I came to write this book actually. It was 11 PM and I was supposed to be doing my schoolwork but my brain went like, "Hey, wouldn't something like this be interesting?" .........and I got sidetracked, wrote this book and have made no progress on my schoolwork 😢

•I managed to finish this book by like 5 in the morning but there's a power outage where I live, so it'll be up late ●︿●.

•The Cookie preachers did get their cookies in the end.

•(Y/n)'s parents head out on a business trip once a month and stay for a week, so our lovely protagonist usually hangs at Sanemi's or Sanemi hangs at her's.

•Regarding the play where Sanemi was grass, he literally just wore a green outfit and lied down on stage for the whole duration of the play. A lot of people laughed.

•Sanemi doesn't know this but he wasn't actually supposed to play as grass, that was (Y/n)'s original role. She didn't like it so she swapped with Sanemi before he noticed and before he even read his paper.

•As for the evil king role, it was only suggested as a joke but Sanemi took it seriously. If he did manage to be the evil king, the whole plot would've revolved around him poisoning everyone only to realize it's no fun if they're all dead so he goes on a journey to find an antidote to save them, even if they were already dead.

•After the confession, the spent a while under the tree, talking and eating ohagi.

•(Y/n) still teases Sanemi about the whole "Ohagi eating challenge".

•Sometimes, they do kitchen dates which involves Sanemi teaching (Y/n) how to cook.

+++

+++