Chapter 5: Breakfast and a Bet

Ryujin Pov

"O-Oh, R-Ryujin w-why are you here?" Yeji opened the door flustered.

I'm also asking that to myself, what am I doing here? Gosh, Chaeryeong. I should've not agreed helping her.

I forced a smile seeing Yeji, "Hi! I just wanted to eat with you. I live nearby then I saw you go home here yesterday." I showed the lunchbox to her.

"Just eat at your house." Yeji replied coldly. She was about to close the door when I held the doorknob to keep it open.

"Yah, Yeji! You said we can be friends yesterday! Why are you treating me coldly now?!"

"I never said that." She rebutted.

"You said it! "It was fun talking to you" you said that! That means we're friends."

Flashback

Why did Chaeryeong left me here alone? What am I supposed to do now?

How would I make friends with her.

I stared at the floor thinking of a way how to make friends with Yeji. This us really hard for me since I'm a little bit introvert.

I took deep breath before approaching her. I sat beside her on the bench and waved at her. "Hi! Is that good?"

She ignored me. Tss, a snob.

I took the burger she was eating and took a bite. "Hmmm, it taste good." I nodded giving Yeji a thumbs up.

Yeji only showed me a poker face and grabbed her burger. "Don't eat other's food. You look like a beggar."

"What? What did you say? M-Me, a b-beggar?"

This girl. Gosh, how can she call me a beggar. She's so mean.

Yeji gave me her burger and went near my face. "Eat it. It looks like your hungry." She laughed.

Wait. What?

Yeji laughed!

"It's fun talking to you, what's your name?" Yeji raised her eyebrows asking my name.

"Ryujin."

She nodded giving me a smile. "It's fun talking to you, Ryujin."

End of flashback

"No. That's not what it means. I just said I enjoyed talking to you, I never said I wanted to be FRIENDS with you." Yeji emphasized last words.

I pushed the doorknob with all my might and went inside her house. "I'm already inside your house. You're not allowed to kick me out." I sticked out my tounge teasing her.

Yeji sighed and seated at their dining table. "Where's the food?"

"Here!" I seated in front of her packing out the gimbap Chaeryeong made.

Preparing the gimbap I felt a vibration on my thighs. Someone probably texted me.

To Ryujin:

Go to school with Yeji. I'll go alone with your motorcycle. Enjoy the ride with her :)

I furrowed my eyebrows reading what Chaeryeong texted me. I read it a few times to check if I'm seeing this right.

Me and Yeji? Going to school? Together?

"Is there something wrong?" Yeji asked me.

I shaked my head, forcing a smile. "No there's nothing wrong."