(044.) SUPPORT NEEDED ASAP, HURRY!

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR. ✧ ೃ༄
❝ SUPPORT NEEDED ASAP, HURRY! ❞

 ✧ ೃ༄❝ SUPPORT NEEDED ASAP, HURRY! ❞

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

[ TW:// in the following, there will be
heavy conversations about depression and
feeling useless. this one was a hard one
to write, again, and i wanted to remind you
that I'm grateful you are here and 🤟🏼 💕]

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Angelica continued crying against her pillow the day after Dream read to her. She was trying so hard not to let out a sound, knowing that Dream, having moved next room so he could be closer to her, would hear if she even let out a squeak.

God, how could she be such a horrible daughter? Her mom did everything for her just for her to disrespect her? She was horrible... right? She was. She was horrible. Who the hell was she asking? She knew she was horrible. She was such a disgrace to her family, she was such a disappointment. How could her family even love her? How? She brought them such pain and she was just a burden. She was just a waste of space in their family.

Angelica laid on her back and looked at the ceiling, tears falling from her eyes as she stoically stared at the glowing stars Dream had stuck there. She wished she was in the stars. They looked like they would be much better than here where she could feel the disappointment from everyone every time she fucked up. God, she was the worst.

"Dammit!" Angelica sobbed a little, forming into a little ball under her blankets, rubbing the heels of her palm against her eyes. "Dammit!"

"Hey, what's wrong?" She immediately heard, feet hurriedly heading towards her. Dream grabbed the end of her blanket and moved to lay next to her. He opened his arm.

"Can I touch you?" He asked and she nodded, curling up into his side where tears automatically started falling from her eyes. She buried her face in his chest, body shaking with sobs that escaped passed her lips. Dream patted the back of her head, pulling her closer while his lips pressed against her hairline, his other hand rubbing up and down her back. He gently shushed her, hoping to calm down the sounds she let out of her mouth. "You're okay, you're okay."

"Everyone hates me," Angelica breathed out, lower lip quivering. "I just... I want everyone to love me but... I just want to know why my mom hates me so much."

Dream felt his own eyes blur with tears at hearing the pain in her voice and he sniffed, hugging her tighter to him as he let her let out everything she had been holding. The sobs that came out of her mouth made his own throat hurt, her body shaking against his very own. He couldn't bear seeing her like this. Just two days ago she was fine and it hurt him to know that just by one phone call, just one, her whole mood was brought down by a woman who was supposed to be there, loving her.

"Look at me," he intertwined his fingers with the strands of her hair in the back of her head, pulling her face away from his chest. She looked at him with tears falling down her red cheeks, sniffles coming out of her red nose, small pants escaping her lips. He wiped away the tears as best as he could. "Your mom doesn't hate you. She doesn't. If she hated you, she wouldn't have contacted me. She would've never contacted you, but she has your number saved. She has pictures of you I bet. You're not unloved, Ang. You're not, okay? I know how little my words might be but you don't know how loved you deeply are by a lot of people."

Angelica felt her face scrunch up at she met more tears fall down her face, no use in wiping them as new ones came and replaced them.

"God, I feel like shit, Dream," Angelica confessed, breathing heavily. "I don't like feeling so fucking sad and useless. I don't. I've felt so happy this past week because I knew that I wasn't alone, but when my mom called and she told me I'm a liar and how horrible I was... I just couldn't handle it no more."

Dream knew to stay quiet as she spoke, letting her finish.

"I've always wanted to be the perfect daughter," she continued, shaking her head, "but I couldn't. I couldn't. I was so stressed by everything and keeping my family together. I just... I'm so tired, Dream. I'm just so tired."

Angelica buried her head on his chest again, hugging him around the neck whereas his hands stayed behind her head and back. He continued petting her hair, trying his hardest to braid strands since he knew it would make her feel a little sleepy.

"Just want you to know I'm here," he reminded her, gently pulling on her strands when he saw it somehow soothed her. He continued rubbing her back, up and down, her cries quieting down. "I know how hard it always gets during these periods so, I'm going to do my best to be here without making you feel suffocated. I'll be here, alright?" She stayed silent. "Got it?"

"Yes, Dream," Angelica answered under breath, a shaky breath leaving her lips as small hiccups replaced her cries. She cuddled closer to Dream, his calmness rubbing on her that she had started to feel sleep. Maybe it was her, though. She had been crying for hours and she felt drained, but as she was held, the only thing she wanted to do was stay awake. She had never been comforted like this before, so, she made sure to remember how it felt to be hugged so tightly against someone while a hand was rubbing up and down her back to calm her down.

"Do you want to watch Coraline to take away the thoughts from your head just for a little?" Angelica shook her head.

"I feel sleepy," she mumbled. "I want to lay down."

Dream lowly chuckled and continued hugging her tightly against his chest where she was currently hiding her face in. He had been wearing a hoodie and she was hiding her face on the logo, feeling the coolness of the material hit the warmth of her forehead.

"I'm being serious, though, Ang..." Dream breathed out, a sigh escaping his lips. "You're loved by so many. Even if your mom doesn't love you, it's one person out of, like, 11 million! Don't let her and her immaturity affect you. Your family and friends love you. Your fans. Everyone."

"I'll keep that in mind."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Jesus Christ... this one
hit hard. I think it's much
more deeper-felt compared
to last ones

But, I do hope that I'm
doing a good job in showcasing
Angelica's mental health
without romanticizing it.

Want you all to remember that
I'm grateful you're all here. Thank
you for existing, thank you for
trying your best, your efforts
don't go unnoticed. Even if you
didn't do anything, even if you
didn't finish something, I'm
proud of you. Thank you for
being here 🤟🏼❤️