Chapter 14 - Regan meets Taylor

I woke up to the rain drumming on my window. Great. Wetness. After about fifteen minutes of being in the bathroom and deciding what to wear I was in the kitchen half eating and half packing my bag when the phone rang.

“Mom!” I shouted while rummaging through my bag indicating for her to answer the phone but she must have been dead or something as she didn’t hear me. I groaned getting up to answer it myself.

“Hello?”

“Regan, hi lovely. You were the one I wanted to speak to actually. Jack won’t be able to drive you to school today as he normally does, I’m really sorry.” It was Jenny, and to be honest I was a little disappointed that Jack was still poorly, I wanted to see him.

“Oh hi Jenny, don’t worry I understand. Is Jack still ill then?” Wow, genius of the year.

“Mmm.” Jenny confirmed. “He’s almost dead! All he wants to do is sleep and he doesn’t want to watch TV or go on his phone or anything. I hope he perks up soon.”

“Oh he will.” I reassured her. “Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I have to go now though but hopefully I’ll see you soon?” 

“Of course dear, take care. Bye honey.” She called before hanging up. Wow I loved Jenny.

I pushed past the double doors of the entrance literally dripping in rain. I felt uncomfortable and quite frankly I was jealous that Jack was at home, warm and dry. I headed to my locker to put my coat away, but a bunch of the girls Jack used to talk to were leaning against it gossiping. Now that Jack was dating me, he’d changed, for the better. He didn’t talk to the bitches he used to make out with and in general he was a much better person.

“Excuse me.” I said feeling small compared to the big group of skanks. Normally Jack would be beside me but not today. I felt protected when he was around. They all fell silent and turned to me.

“What do you want?” The fakest one named Taylor asked, not moving from her spot.

“I… uh.. You’re blocking my locker… Can I get to it please?” 

“Sorry I don’t move out the way for whores.” She replied. How rich coming from the whore queen herself.

“I’m not a whore.” I said standing up straighter. They didn’t scare me.

They all cackled like hyenas. Great. This was gonna be hard.

“Whore’s your middle name.” Another bitch added. “Jack doesn’t deserve you.”

“Oh so this is about Jack? He has nothing to do with this, but it does explain why you were all talking shit.” I folded my arms.

They gasped and looked at me disgusted. “You’re way out of Jack’s league. You ruined our relationship between us and him. You can’t just barge in and claim him for yourself.”

I scoffed. “He chose that for himself, not my fault you skets want him to love you. You’re jealous, and it’s pathetic.” I might have sounded like a bitch. But I needed to show them who was in charge.

They all stood there gasping until one from the back piped up. “He probably doesn’t even love you anyway, you’re ugly as. And your face is gross.” They laughed to themselves.

“Well I’m surprised Jack even managed to see your face with all the make up you bitches cake on.” I shrugged carelessly, until Taylor got properly angry, marching closer to me and grabbing my hair.

“You stay away from Jack, okay? Because we know a lot of people and you should be lucky you’re perfectly well, for now.” She looked at me up and down before forcefully letting go of the clump of hair I owned.

A/N Uh ohh... Yeah, this is gonna get preeetttyyy bad. Keep reading!