Chapter 20

The next day, Zayn and Liam made their way down stairs and saw the Malik family having breakfast.

Doniya smirked when she saw the couple and tugged Liam to sit next to her.

"You know my room's next to Zayn's" She stated. Liam's cheeks burned and he glanced at Zayn who was busy talking to his dad.

"Umm, yeah?" Liam didn't know what he was trying to say.

"Just a word of advice, keep the music on the next time" She snickered and left the chair.

Zayn took her seat and saw a very flushed Liam, "What happened babe?" He asked holding his hand.

Liam looked at him and then at Doniya, who was whispering in Waliyah's ear.

"Nothing" He lied.

"You can't lie to me, babe"

"It's nothing important, let's eat fast I've to reach home before dad leaves" Liam said.

Zayn shrugged and filled both their plates with pancakes.

Trisha came to the table, "Good morning, Liam. Did you sleep well?"

"Oh, he did" Doniya laughed and Waliyah joined her.

Liam was fully red now and wanted the ground to swallow him up.

"Shut it, Doni" Zayn said, rubbing Liam's back, he knew how flustered Liam gets.

"Leave them alone, Doniya. And eat, you'll be late for college" Trisha said.

"Liam, did something bite you?" Safaa asked.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "No, why do you ask?"

"Your neck has a big bite mark" She said aloud and everyone's attention zeroed on him.

Yaser spit his coffee out, Doniya and Waliyah started laughing, Trisha was looking at the couple with wide eyes and Zayn's face was no different than Liam's blushing one.

Liam didn't know how to answer the eight year old, "Uh, you know, like, an animal was, uh, "

Trisha came to his rescue, "Safaa, don't put your nose in other people's business. Finish your plate now"

"But Liam is not other people, he's like a family member now, he sleeps here most of the time, or Zayn goes to his house. So, is he like my brother in law?" The innocent girl asked.

Liam's heart swelled at the thought of being Zayn's husband, a son in law, a brother in law...

"It's too soon to think about that, Saf, we've got a long way to go. Plus I don't believe in marriage" Zayn said and pulled away his hand that was holding onto Liam's.

Liam knew Zayn was being practical and thinking about marriage at such a young age was absurd, they still have college to go to, then a career and after all these things comes marriage. But still it stung him a little, when Zayn showed his disinterest in the topic.

Liam quietly ate his food, not joining any conversation at the table.

They went to Zayn's room after breakfast. Liam decided to ask him, what was the problem with the thought of a marriage.

"You don't see me as your husband in anytime in future?" He asked.

"Why are we discussing this? I made it pretty clear before that I don't want to get married"

"What's the problem with that?" He knew he was dragging the topic, but he needed answers.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now" Zayn was going into the bathroom.