°•thirteen•°

Começar do início

"You were just whining and now you won't even come back with me? Come on," Carl teases.

"I was not whining," I argue.

"You absolutely were," he fires back.

"You kinda were," Maggie speaks up, holding her fingers up to show a small amount.

"No one is on my side," I shake my head.

That turns to cheerfulness as Judith opens her arms, reaching for me.

"Except you, of course!" I laugh, taking Judith in my arms and sticking my tongue out at Carl.

"Now no one is on my side," Carl frowns to her and she giggles in response.

"Sucks to be you," I shrug, bouncing Judith as her laughter grows.

"I'm turning that into another order," Maggie says.

"What?" I ask, looking over to where she held a loving smile as she watched the three of us.

"Go," she nods, "Go back to Alexandria."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I'm sure," she says, "I have Kate, Jesus, Aaron, Enid, Kal.. Go back home for awhile."

I glance to Carl who smiles, rubbing my back. Sliding Judith back to his embrace, I jog to Maggie for a hug.

"Thank you," I sigh.

"Of course," she replies, kissing my cheek.

"Now both of you go. You still need to finish letter delivery. And be careful," she commands sharply.

"We will," I assure as Carl and I begin to the front doors.

"I'll see you in a few days," she waves as we walk down the stair, "I love you!"

"Love you!" I reply, walking backwards to wave back to her.

--

"I'm getting a little too used to these drives together," I comment, watching the familiar scenery.

"I think this should be our new thing," Carl shrugs, squeezing my hand as they lay intertwined on the console.

Tilting my head back and forth as though weighing the options, I hum, "I guess so."

"'Guess so'," he snickers.

"How are things at Alexandria? A letter can only tell so much. And you didn't write the letter, so I want to hear your side," I wonder, laying my head on the headrest and turning my attention to him.

"Considering all- it's been quiet. We've had to bury those they were able to find bodies, but it's been a waiting game," he explains, "How was Hilltop?"

"God," I sigh, "I can't believe Jesus actually talked her into keeping those Saviors. I mean, she has a point with the trade. But, with our past and trades.. I don't think it'll all work out like everyone hopes."

"It should all work out soon," he nods.

"Other than that, I've just been spending quality time with Judith," I chuckle, nodding my head to the backseat where Judith was.

"Nothing wrong with that," he grins.

"Not at all. That's the highlight of my day," I admit, "What about you? Solo endeavors?"

His hand tenses and I already knew there was something else going on.

When he doesn't answer, I ask further.

"What? What happened?" I ask, leaning up a bit.

"There uh- there's this guy," he begins.

"A guy?" I repeat.

"I saw him at the gas station first. My dad shot over his head to scare him off, but he seemed harmless."

"Just a survivor?" I ask.

"His name is Siddiq," Carl names, "I want to bring him back home. I asked him the questions, he seems like a good guy."

Nodding slowly, I ask more, "You don't think he's a spy?"

"No. There's no way," he shakes his head.

"Well.. If you think that's what you need to do then it's what you should do," I nod.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm.. And I'll trust you and back you up from your dad's fury," I promise and Carl laughs.

"Good. Because he will not be happy about it," he says before throwing me a smile, "Thank you."

"You know I've got your back. If you trust him, then I do, too. You know why? Because I trust you first."

"And you know I trust you first," he replies.

"But, I loved you first," I point out.

"Nope. Still me first," he denies.

--

"Holy shit, I've missed you," Tara says as we nearly fall to the ground from how hard we hugged.

"I missed you," I respond, trying to figure out how to hold her closer.

"It's been three days," Rosita reminds on the side.

"Enough for me to miss you, too," I say, pulling her in a hug while avoiding her wound.

Sighing, she returns the embrace, "You're right."

"Come on," Tara urges, "The three of us should catch up."

Taken by Tara's hold, I wave to Carl and Michonne as Rosita and I are lead through Alexandria by Tara.

--

why can i f e e l everyone's anxiety as they read ?

❤❤