Chapter 21

Siddharth's POV

" Wait a moment... What did he say? You want me to meet someone special?  OH MY GOD!!! Seriously? That's great! When did that happen? I am so excited to meet her. " She looked so happy.

" Ok mom,  you go and get ready for dinner. Sid, I have already booked a table for us in our favourite restaurant. So be there on time. I will come with her. "  Bhai said to me.

" I am so excited to meet her.  Hey Maurvi, go and get ready fast. We have to leave in an hour. " Mom said lovingly to her.  She looked at Bhai and he shook his head very slightly.

" No, aunty... please, you carry on... "  Dad and I were looking at her with amusement.

Poor girl !!

" What nonsense?? You are coming with us... I don't want to hear anything. "

" Aunty, actually I had to go somewhere so ... "

" No, you have to come with us... I don't want any excuse. Don't you want to meet the girl, Gautam has fallen for? "  She looked at me to help but I just shrugged and then she looked at dad with pleading eyes to help her and he smiled.

" Sudha, try and understand, she has to go somewhere. Let her go. But Maurvi beta, please come for the dinner once you are free. We would love to have you there. "  Dad said with a smile.

" Sure uncle,  l will definitely come. I have to go somewhere first and then I'll come to the dinner. "

" That's like a good girl... god bless you. " Dad said with a smile.

Mom was so excited, she went in to get ready.

" All the best would be sister..." I said in a low voice. She gave a nervous smile.

" Ok Bhai, I am going to my room, you both can enjoy the cake now. I know you never liked the cake as much as you like it today in the kitchen. Have some more. " I winked at them and went to my room.

" Oh, God.... He saw that? "  I heard a shocked Maurvi, saying it. I was sure that she must have blushed to the roots of her hair. She said a haste bye and went out of their home.

****

We all were waiting for them, Just then I saw her. She looked so beautiful in that sari. Bhai was really very lucky. I could see why he was so possessive around her.

She was a gem of a person and was so pretty. Anyone would fall for her. If I was not interested in someone and she was not bhai's love interest, I would have chosen her. 

But she was my sister now, I was very happy for my Bhai, he was lucky to have her. They both loved each other.

Mom saw her and she looked surprised. She called her to come to the table. But Maurvi looked too nervous to move. Mom got up from her seat and went to her.

" Oh my god beta... You are looking beautiful, awesome, so pretty. I almost didn't recognise you. " Mom hugged her and pulled her to our table.

Mom said that she was looking out of the world. She stood there with a faint smile. Dad and I were enjoying the situation with amused smiles.

" You are looking very different beta.."  dad said.

Bhai came and stood by her, mom asked him about his special friend. He looked at Maurvi, caught her hand in his and looked into mom's eyes and introduced the girl he loved to mom.

Mom was shocked but was really very  happy and excited. She confirmed it again and again. Both dad and I were smiling and she got angry with us that why didn't we tell her.