Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: The truth hurts

“You see, the only way is to let her kill you if you want her to survive. She is my creation silly Alexandru, the more she defy's me the faster she dies.”

My eyes could not see the paper properly, all I felt was pain. “If I die, what would you do with all of... the people I've effected?”

Shea laughed and laughed twirling around in the air, her hair like smoke. She reminded me of a demon instead of a goddess, everything about her sickened me. “The world will burn, the world will burn, they all will burn. Shall I kill her now? Later? Tick Tock!” Her laugh was manic, chiming, hideous as she was it was no wonder I wouldn't stay with her.

But if what the script said was true, which I was sure by it's magical seal then... it really was the only way. “What if I came back to you?” I said reluctently.

“Then there would be no need for her at all.” She purred appearing in my lap, tucking my hair behind my ear. “Something tells me that you will not come back willingly, so truly this is the only way. You know you love me.” Pouting her nail that resembled a claw went from her lips to mine to caress. “Don't you see Alexandru, you broke my heart and that was really hurtful. So now, I want yours on display.” Closing her eyes she sighed. “I wish it could be another way, but I made a blood vow to the other gods I would have your heart. So even if you came back to me, the only way would be to have your heart completely. That mortal will always be between us.”

“And if I could convince her to kill me for you?”

Her eyes sparkled. “You would do that?”

“Under a condition, or rather two.”

“Oh Alexandru, you and your silly conditions. It's what drove us apart in the first place. I cannot make another promise or bend to another one of your conditions especially if she won't do what you will her to.”

“If she does not, then I will kill myself, so you may rip my heart from my corpse. I just rather she be the one to take me.”

“Name the conditions.” She growled, her eyes a vibrant yellow suddenly as she gazed at me ferociously. Her face had become twisted and needy, as if all her dreams where at the reach of her finger tips. The sad part was that they where and I had finally come to the realization that Ara must have come to, we couldn't fight her without one of us dieing. I wouldn't let her though, she wanted to fight destiny but we didn't have a choice.

“First, once I'm dead you leave Arasala be, let her fly at will, you don't toy with her future. Second, I want to experience being married to her, to feel our bond. Give me a week to convince her.”

“No, two days from this time. If you cannot then you will hand over your heart, or rather have me rip it out because I very much doubt you will convince her.”

I grimaced. “Two days, with her.”

“You always where good at playing on words. Very well, you have 48 hours with her the moment you set eyes, lips, skin, or even words upon one another. Within this time you will convince her to kill you as she was meant to in the first place and if you aren’t able to, you will return to the ruins by yourself with the flower you gave her. You will give that flower to me as a symbol that you are giving yourself to me willingly, and will kill yourself. I in return will let Ara fly at will, and I will not touch her future. This I oath by blood.” She slithered with her words putting a bloody X on her palm. The would healed but the blood remained. “When a goddess makes an oath it is binding, so I will keep my bargain. If you do not, she will parish before your eyes.”

“I understand.”

“Well, go enjoy what little time you have, but make it quick. I have a world to cleanse.”