Chapter 6

The next day I get up and go downstairs eat breakfast get ready go to school the usual new routine.

Once I get to school I go to homeroom. I meet Abigail. We've become good friends now. Even though it's only been a couple days.

After school I go home. Do my homework then help feed the Factionless. Then help make dinner. We eat then go to our respected rooms. I look at my basket that Christina and her mom gave me. We already ha the food thanks to me showing mom and when she asked where I got it I just said that a friend gave it to me and since she knows that I have a friend (Abigail) at school she thought it was her. I just let her think what she wants. Better keep a friend from Candor visiting a secret since we're supposed to be Selfless. Right? I did right? Sigh.

I look in the basket and grab the first wrapped item. I silently unwrap it. Inside was a photo from when Christina and me were babies just meeting. I feel my eyes water. I dont let the tears out but one tear slips out. I carefully take out the second wrapped item. Again I unwrap it silently. It's another photo. This one of Christina and me at the park during the past summer when we went to hang there because we didn't want to be confined in a house all day. We were unaware that someone or I should say Mrs. Smith, was there takin photos so were just looking out at the sunset that was happening which was happening after a fun park filled day. We were just staring at the sunset gazing out at it. As I look at the photo I can feel my cheeks are wet with silent tears. It's a beautiful photo.

Beatrice comes in and sees me crying while holding something. "Beth what's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you ok?" She asks. I nod my head. I gesture for her to come over to me. She comes over and I show her the baby photo.
"This is a photo of me and my Candor bestie when we were babies and when we just met. I was born and she was 1. Her mom and mine are -" I clear my throat. "- were friends and so when my mom was in labor she was in the waiting room waiting to see her daughters soon to be bestie. With her daughter with her. "

I show her the second photo. "This is just this past summer at the park after a fun day and we were watching the sunset unaware that her mom was there taking pictures." She nods. "What's her name? And where did you get them because I assume you didn't have them before?" She asks. I nod. "They came to visit me yesterday and I mean her and her mom. They gave me that food and my friend put these in. I hope she has her own copy too. Otherwise I'd feel guilty and want to give them back. Oh and her name is Christina. - please don't tell anyone about this." I beg. Beatrice hesitates. Then she nods. "Of course. It'll be out little secret." I smile and release a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "Thank you." She nods. "Good night sweet Beth."
"Good night Beatrice."

*********************************
Hope you liked it.
Should I skip to Christina and Beatrice's choosing ceremony or continue this for a while? I'm getting less ideas for this. Should I skip or nah?
Answer in the comments. Thx.

~ GoldenGirlsRule