six

"So you know Jin more as a past manager?" Jungkook made conversation as Seraphina drove Jungkook to his apartment.

"Yes I do." Seraphina smiled, memories flowing back to her. "We went to the same school and were best friends actually." Seraphina looked over to see Jungkook's shocked face. "I know right, we're old. But he got me my first interview with Mr. Kim and, now I'm here."

"Wait so you're 30 too??" Jungkook held onto his arm rests, eyes wide, voice cracking.

"No!" Seraphina laughed, Jungkook letting out the breath he was holding. "I'm 23."

"But that's a seven year gap?" Jungkook frowned, using his fingers to double check his math.

"Ah, yes." Seraphina nodded, not wanting to explain.

"So?" But Jungkook wanted answers.

"He and my brother were really close and I got to tag along all the time. So, we were the deviant trio." Seraphina had no smile on her face, just, emptiness. She held the steering wheel so tight, even Jungkook noticed her white knuckles.

Jungkook shut his mouth.

"So uhm," Jungkook tapped his fingers on his knees. "What's your full name?"

"Min Seraphina." Seraphina took a deep breath, reminding herself to not get snappy. They were almost there and then they could stop this stupid conversation.

"Your name is so pretty." Jungkook slouched in his seat, looking out the window. "I got Jeon Jungkook." He mocked his own name, Seraphina frowning and glancing over.

"You don't like your name?"

"Nope." Jungkook sat up again, cracking his fingers. "People say it way too much. And they make it sound so annoying."

Seraphina thought for a moment, not wanting to be put in that category. "Well, I guess I'll have to call you something different then."

"Major Inconvenience Number Two." Jungkook smiled at his own joke, Seraphina shaking her head with a smile. "MINT!"

"Who's number one?"

"Namjoon."

"He's not an inconvenience." Seraphina snorted, pulling into the parking in front of his apartment. "He just, enforces the rules."

"Exactly!" Jungkook got unbuckled. "An inconvenience." He leaned forward, looking her dead in the eye. "I bought him a fish one day because I told him he's as exciting as a brick wall, and then he threw the fish."

"What?" Seraphina's eyes widened, Jungkook nodding quickly.

"He stuck his hand in the bowl, grabbed the freaking fish and yeeted the poor thing out the window!" Jungkook made a throwing motion, Seraphina narrowing her eyes.

"You just made that up."

"Yep." Jungkook sat up from her, trying to hide his smile. "Anyways, what have you decided to call me?"

"Liar." Seraphina turned the heat up in her car, Jungkook having his door open. "I'm joking!" She laughed once she saw his betrayed face. "Kook. Or Kooks."

"Catch me Kooking in the Kook-chen." Jungkook snapped his fingers and shot her finger guns, Seraphina unable to hold back her giggles. "You laughed! You laughed at my joke!"

"'Cause you're dumb!" Seraphina laughed, Jungkook doing a victory dance.

"Jin never laughed at my jokes!" Jungkook threw his head back, completely free.

This was nice, really nice. Standing outside in the quiet city, no one around him to judge him. Well, Sera was with him, but Sera is Sera.

"Wait wait wait!" Jungkook held out his hands, crouching. "I must do the test."