Night Before Ball

Souline's POV

I grabbed Jaxon's hand as I pulled him up the huge stair case and down the hallway  towards my room. I opened the door and set my things down on the couch and jumped on my bed .

" Has this always been your room? " he asked as he jumped on the bed beside me and laid on my chest.

" Yea , ever since I first started coming here " I told him as I started to play with his hair.

" Did you spend a lot of time here " He asked

" Yea, My parents would bring me here a lot when I was younger . I practically grew up here and at the other castle. " I told him

" Ares always followed me though , He never left me alone . He was always by my side protecting me . I think that's part of the reason why I never felt alone and never minded coming here. " I told him as I started to remember my time Ares and me spent at this castle.

He just hugged me tighter to him as I told him him this . He kissed me softly as if he was telling me he was listening and here for me . There was a knock on the door as my nana Liz came in .

" Nana" I said as I pushed Jaxon off of me and ran to hug her .

" Hey baby " She said as she hugged me back

" Where were you last time , I didn't see you ' I told her

" I had gone on a trip with Daniel " She said looking behind me

" Nana This is my mate Jaxon " I said turning towards him

" Hello ma'am , Nice to meet you " He said as he came beside me and gave her his hand to shake .

" Oh call me liz " She said as she ignored his hand and hugged him

" Look at you so grown "she said as she looked at me and then at Jaxon

" I brought you your dress dear " She said as she hung it up in my closet.

" Thank you Nana " I told her as I hugged her

" Of course sweetheart, Dinner will be served in 5 " she said as she walked out

" Come on " I told him as I pulled him out my room and out into the long hallway that led to the stairs.

I saw Ares in front of us so I let go of Jaxon's hand and ran full speed at Ares and jumped on his back . He made an " oomf" as I wrapped my hands around his neck .

" Souline " He said as he held on to my legs so I wouldn't fall off . And soon he took off leaving Jaxon and Madelyn behind us as we walked through the kitchen door. Soon after They walked in behind us.

" ARES, SOULINE !! " Screamed My nana Liz as we almost knocked down some dishes

" You two will never change " she mumbled as she just shook her head and let out a little smile

" You love us " Both me and Ares said at the same time.

He put me down and I sat in between him and Jaxon.

" I see you guys are really close " said Amelia

" Yea , we have always been inseparable" I told her as I looked at Ares

" Jaxon and Freya were like that " She said as she started to tear up .

Jaxon tensed up beside me and I put my hand on his knee letting him know I was here for him. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile . Soon we were all eating and talking about the ball tomorrow .

After everyone was done everyone was going to there rooms and I caught up with Alice who was Nicks Mate, Hailey who was Elijah's mate , and Vanessa who was Asher's . They were telling me about Training and how everything went . I looked over and saw Jaxon talking to my brothers .

" How is he " Asked Hailey as everyone was now looking at him .

" Amazing , even though at the beginning it wasn't like this . But we are happy . He's so good to me " I told them as I looked at him

" Oh is he " said Alice wiggling her eyebrows .

I just winked at her as we all laughed . Soon the boys joined us .

" Jaxon this is Alice, Hailey , and Vanessa " I told him pointing at them

He said hey to them and soon we were all making conversation. We looked up at the clock and it was 10pm .

" Ok guys , we have to get up early " I told them as I stood up , Everyone following my lead.

" Good night y'all " I told everyone as Jaxon picked me up and ran up the stairs and towards my room .