FiVe

Tisha's POV

Five minutes into our journey, I realized something was amiss.

Smirking, I turned to my husband.

"Moose, something's missing."

Keeping his eyes on the road to only God knows where, he asked, "What? And I've begged you to PLEASE quit calling me Moose."

I tsked.
"And I've told you to stop calling me sweet names."

I thought I could make out something like, "What exactly do women want", from his moving lips. But he didn't speak up.
Instead, he repeated his question.

"You said something's amiss. What's that?"

I shrugged and looked at my nails.

"Why don't you tell me instead?"

He took one hand of the steering wheel to rub his temple with a frustrated sigh.

"Look Tish, I'm not in the mood for games right now so just....", he took his eyes off the road for a moment to look at me.

"Wait. Where's your Niqab??"

I looked out my side of the window, trying to hide my smile before steeling my voice and asking, "Why are you asking me?"

He veered off the road and pulled up the car at the roadside before turning his full attention on me with a glare.

"How could you forget your veil at home??"

"How could you forget your veil at home??", I mimicked in a tiny voice.

Before he could speak up, I continued talking, "Last I recall, it was in our room lying peacefully on the bed like the sweet little piece of clothing it was. Then YOU dragged me OUT of the house in a foolish haste to get away from your mother's questioning gaze."

"But...", he tried defending himself but I wasn't done.

"Where were we going? You refused to answer. I kukuma did not want to go out before. Guess whose prayers got answered. Mine", I stuck my tongue out.

Lord knew I wasn't bothered much by my unveiled face because the car's windows were tinted but it wouldn't hurt to rub his mistake in his face, would it?

I don't think so.

Sighing for the upteenth time, he supported his head against the steering wheel before muttering, "I don't know if I married a child or a woman."

Child.
Did he just call me a child??!

I'll show him how a child behaves.

He had released the child lock long ago so I made to get down from the car.

The speed at which he switched to central lock and child lock was indefinable.

"Where do you think you're going woman?"

I shrugged, "Home of course."

"You're not veiled", he pointed out through gritted teeth.

"And I'm going home to get my veil young man. So you've got two choices. Take me home or unlock this car."