23

"Bubble, tujhi odhni katarleli ka aahe (bubble why is your dupatta torned up?)" Mom asked me as she was dumping my clothes in washing machine

"Bubble, tujhi odhni katarleli ka aahe (bubble why is your dupatta torned up?)" Mom asked me as she was dumping my clothes in washing machine. Shit what excuse shall I give to her now?

"A dog was not leaving the dupatta so as I was pulling it from his mouth it got teared" I made up a excuse, sweat beads already formed on my forehead. It was very senseless but mom was satisfied with my reasoning.

"Stay away from these dogs. This lehenga costed fifteen thousand rupees and the lehenga's beauty is ruined" she mumbled.

"Yeah, sure" I said and head towards the living room where Kartik was seated. I already had a toothy smile plastered on my face because this day was indeed amazing.

"KARTIK" I screamed. He jumped from his seat as if he just saw a ghost.

"Preshtha you are scaring me these days. Please have control over your voice" he said almost in his scared position. I then realized how I just yelled at him yesterday and now.

"Okay sorry. I'll keep that in mind the next time" I said, "I've something Important tell you" I offered a more grinned up smile to him.

"What it is" he disintrestingly asked me. I ended up telling him what had happened today and his face went from disinterest to sad to excited to sad to protective.

"You should have let Rudra chase you Bubble" he said as I took popcorn from the bowl.

"Oh c'mon he's going to be the most amazing hot boyfriend" I winked at him and started day dreaming about him.

"Yeah, by taking up girlfriend's brother's punches and slaps?" He laughed out at what he said. I elbowed him and simultaneously narrowed my eyes.

"But on serious note Bubble, now that I gotta know he was not at fault I feel a little guilty only a little because he made you cry anyway because of that ex of his" he gritted kiara's name very harshly.

"But anyway, Rudra is a amazing guy, tho he is cold and doesn't socialise much, he knows how the world works & I think he can keep you happy... he's a keeper" he ended his compliment with he's a keeper. I pinched his cheeks and placed a kiss on it.

"Stop it Preshtha.... ewwwkk" he said in a disgusted tone and I laughed out rushing towards my room.

I love Rudra because he doesn't play games when it comes to heart, he knows how it feels when you are being stabbed. Though he never surfaces the emotions and always maintains a facade. Inside him is a child which needs the same love as anyone needs but he's not ready to open up to the world because of fear of rejection or abandonment which is not right, he needs to experience everything. If he is saying no to bad experiences he is also saying no to good experiences. But I'm glad to know that I've managed to gain such a important position in his life. I would never ever break his trust. I love him the way he is and I won't change a thing about him, we all have fears and insecurities & so does Rudra.

My phone was ringing and when I saw the caller id it was Rudra.

"Hey girlfriend" Rudra said. I could feel him smiling from the other side which led me to smile as well.

"Hello boyfriend" I coyly said.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" He asked me. I placed the phone awkwardly between my shoulder and ear and applied a brown nail polish on my toe nails. Well why not? Dating the popular guy in the college is a big deal.

"Nothing as such just College's DJ party" I said as I got reminded of the DJ party college has arranged.

"Umm.. can we skip the DJ please?" He asked me in a very childish voice. I shifted the phone on the other side and did my same business.

"Why?" I questioned him.

"I want you to meet my mom & dad" he said in a very exciting voice. As if doing this was his favourite thing in the world ever.

"We are going fast aren't we?" I chuckled nervously.

"--NO" he said from the other side. "Do u remember the doctor who treated you when you fainted?"

I remembered, yes she was Dr Kalpana.

"Doctor Kalpana? Yeah what about it?" I asked him

"She's my mom" he said.

"What? Really?" I asked him as a smile broke on my face. "You never told me about her" I said as my eyes narrowed.

"Yeah, I just didn't want you to ask me questions like 'why didn't you went to med school and stuff' that's all" he finished off

"Oh? Why didn't you go to med school?" I asked out of curiosity and of course to annoy him

"I think I'll faint performing the surgeries. I just cannot see a open human body" he said as if he was allergic to it. "That's why I chose engineering" he said in a coy.

"Sounds fun" I said.

"Hmm.. it is" he replied to me.

"Why did you choosed engineering? Girls are more into medical field" he asked me.

"My answer is same as yours haha and I wouldn't have even met you if I didn't chose engineering" I said. He chuckled to my response and ahh his laugh is so contagious.

"Ugh ok leave that, my mom likes you already I mean the day I bought you in the hospital she started shipping both of us. I know this is awkward but for once can you meet her & dad they will be happy seeing you" he said all this in a go and he took a long breathe to relax himself

"Chill Rudra, this is okay. I know they might be concerned what type of girl their son is dating & probably they might be scared that you would end up getting your heart broke again. I understand their concerns and I'm cool to meet them. Don't be tensed" I made him understand that this isn't awkward at all & it's amazing to let our parents know about our dating life.

"Yay!! You are the bestest girlfriend"

"Umm thankyou, by the way tell me what shall I wear tomorrow? " I asked him

"Whatever feels good and comfortable to you" he replied from the other side.

"That means I can wear a bikini" I said in bored tone.

"Ay, bikini should be wore only in front of me" I heard his possessive tone. I chuckled lightly hearing that.

"Okay okay. I have to go, I didn't had my dinner. Go to sleep, bye"

"You didn't had your dinner yet? It's already 11 in the night" I sensed his anger

"Yeah, whatever. I'm hungry now. Bye"

"But-" I hanged up the call before he could speak anything more. Otherwise I had to listen to his lecture

I ate my dinner whilst I was busy thinking what I shall wear tomorrow. I immediately finished my dinner and took a glance at my closet.

I ended up choosing a yellow chikankari peplum top which had long sleeves along with high waisted Jeans for tomorrow.

×-×-×
A/N: a lil boring chapter but nvm. (Lol)