(Ch. 7) Come my lad, drink up

The apartment was surprisingly spacious. We entered through a little doorway into a large living room with an open kitchen/bar on one side. Further in there were some rooms that people seemed to be freely moving in and out of. The living area itself was so big that about 20 people were comfortably standing around, a few of them sitting at the sofa. There were about 25-30 people in that space, including us, but it didn’t seem as crowded as one would expect. 

Jimin presently came to greet us, going straight for a hug when he saw me. I awkwardly half-patted his back and he stepped back with a laugh.

"You never change Y/N," He said with a sweet smile, except I knew that his sweet smiles hid many devilish things behind them.

"Bold of you to assume you know so much about me when we've only met thrice," I said back, smiling equally sweetly.

He threw his head back with a laugh and Taehyung chuckled as well. What were with these people laughing at perfectly normal statements?

"I knew you'd say something like that. I've got to admit, you're probably the most interesting and hilarious person Taehyung ever brought home."

I raised an eyebrow at that. "Jungkook brought me, not Taehyung."

He shrugged with that same devilish smile and I held back the urge to say something worse. He then moved behind me to greet Jungkook and Stella.

"It's a party guys, what are you doing awkwardly standing at one corner. Jungkook you've gotta be the centre of the gathering today. Come my lad, drink up."

"Why do you always speak like an old grandpa? Who even says lad anymore?" I piped in, making Jungkook guffaw.

Jimin gave me a look and turned back to Jungkook.

"I really can't. I've got practice tomorrow."

"Then why'd you even come?" Jimin asked in disbelief.

"Ouch. Are you saying I can't come over unless I'm drinking with you?" Jungkook faked hurt and Jimin immediately melted, making me pretend to gag. Taehyung giggled at my reaction.

"Okay, fine. Then we'll just have to make Y/N drink for you." He announced, grabbing my shoulders from behind and pushing me towards the centre of the crowd.

"Dude, don't." I warned him.

"Come on. You gotta unwind a little at parties, Y/N. I've always only seen you composed and uptight."

"Yes, and I would like for it to remain that way." I glared at him.

"Okay then just two drinks, hm? I'll make them for you." He offered.

I realised I actually kind of wanted to drink and let loose after weeks of stress, so I agreed. I followed him to the bar and watched him make the drinks. He mixed Vodka, Tequila, and cranberry juice. It was a pretty standard drink, but it seemed quite strong. I chugged the first one and then held on to the second, sipping it slowly.