Because as much as she wanted to fix them, she knew that they were destined to make things one hundred times worse before they got any better.

She didn't have time to think about that. He was moving towards her. There was no sense of urgency or embarrassment that she had caught him staring. He held her gaze while he weaved his way through the crowd to her.

"Fallon.." He reached out and took her hand in his.

"Not now." She detached herself and shot a pleading look over to Wesley. Unfortunately, her friend seemed oblivious to the situation as she shimmied and swayed with her eyes closed enjoying the moment.

"Please talk to me, just for a moment and then I'll leave you alone." His eyes pleaded with her and her defenses were only so strong. With only a few seconds of protest she conceded and let him lead her to a quieter corner of the club.

Immediately Calum began to apologize. He spoke slowly, with purpose, and his eyes were filled with nothing but honesty so when he said he was sorry she really had no choice but to believe him. Believing his words and forgiving him though were two different things. She wasn't sure that she wanted to forgive him, it would leave her with no ammunition against him. It was hypocritical but she wasn't sure that she could let this go, at least not until her own skeletons were out of their carefully locked closet.

That's what she was focused on, even if it was wrong. Guilt and alcohol made a pretty lethal combination. Her scattered mind, and his patient face, were screaming at her to say something to him, anything.

"Come on, Fal. Say something, please."

"I don't know what to say." She wrung her hands out in front of her to stave off some of her nervous energy. "I understand your point of view that we were not together. But this is another strike against our trust in each other." She said somberly.

"I didn't mean to let it go this long without telling you."

"Yeah, but you did." She said, perhaps a bit too much anger in her speech. Calum didn't know it, but the anger was directed at herself, not him.

"Why are you yelling?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed and his words turning more harsh than she had expected.

"Because I'm frustrated and this wasn't what I wanted tonight to be." She said back. Her eyes drifted around and she began to notice the strangers around them looking in their direction.

"So, what do you want me to do, Fallon?" I can't go back and change what happened. I shouldn't have kept it from you and I'm sorry that I did but I don't know what more I can do. Why are we always at odds like this? If it's not one thing, it's another."

"Then for God's sake if I'm so fucking difficult to deal with leave me alone."

Calum's face dropped. "You...you don't mean that."

"You're right, I don't. But I don't know what to do next Calum. We're always hurting each other."

Something seemed to resonate with Calum and he took a small step backwards.

"I don't want to break up again." His voice was softer now, scared and gentle. It was a striking incongruity to the venue they found themself in.

"I don't want to either but I think we need some space. Am I crazy for thinking it might be what's best for us?" Her wording didn't slip past him, his pupils practically showed her his mental replaying of the night in February when he had left her crying alone in her apartment.

It was a dick move but she was desperate. She felt backed into a corner and she was lashing out. She couldn't be pissed at him without being a hypocrite and there were few things in the world that she hated more.

Calum didn't answer, she didn't give him time to. Instead she slipped back into the throng of sweaty patrons that still filled the dance floor and headed for the bar. She desperately needed another drink.

*

Fight So Dirty? Well that certainly seems fitting.

For months there has been speculation revolving around 5 Seconds of Summer bassist Calum Hood, and his ex-girlfriend Fallon Harding, both 23, bassist of girl-group Revelry. The two previously dated for over a year and called it quits in February of this year leaving 'Falum' shippers devastated and confused about what had happened to the couple that had always appeared so happy. With Revelry on the Fight So Dirty Tour as support for 5SOS there has been speculation that the two have rekindled a romance and that seems to be the case. The pair seemed less on edge around each other in tour diaries and Fallon's band covered a love song that many seemed to believe pointed to the two re-entering a relationship. All of that came to a head when it was revealed on The Morning Show that Calum had hooked up with a fan on Halloween. While Fallon sat emotionless through the interview fans believed that her teary collab with 5SOS the next night, (she filled in for her sister Erin Harding 24, on a song called Lie To Me) revealed her true feelings. The song talks about a lover being with someone else romantically and there is rumbling that her tears were because of Mr. Hood's gallivanting. The real proof however seemed to have come forth last night. Fallon and bandmate, 23 year old drummer Wesley Grant, ventured out to Club 83 where later Fallon and Calum had a very public altercation. Witnesses say that Hood approached Harding while she was dancing with Grant and the two moved to a quiet corner to talk. After a few minutes the conversation clearly turned heated before Fallon left Calum's side and Calum left the club. As if all of that wasn't enough it turns out that we may finally have an answer as to why the two, one of L.A.'s favorite couples, ever broke up in the first place. A source has come forward claiming to have inside information backed up with proof as to what caused the split. We will update once that source has been vetted and confirmed. Stay tuned!

___________

An: ONE MORE CHAPTER OF BOOK1

I promise y'all are NOT ready for what's coming.

If you have read my other books this is probably the most mad you will have been with me since the epilogue of "It's Complicated" 👀

So what do you think of Calum's confrontation with Fallon?

Her reaction?

The article?

And finally: what do you think really happened when Falum broke up?

Let me know!

Ily,
Sav 🖤